Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards post bk?

tag
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Cards post bk?

Reno, I was denied for Walmart twice, then approved just over the 6 month discharge mark. I didn't BK Walmart, but I did BK one GE card, JCP. I would try again in Sept.
Do a search on here for 'shopping cart'. There are a number of threads on Comenity cards that can be obtained without a hard pull, Victoria's Secret, Express seem to be the easiest.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Newegg.
Message 11 of 17
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@reno55 wrote:
I have gotten a cap one platinum with a $300 CL and also just got a cap one rewards (green) with a $500 CL, both unsecured... Just could use some of the ones I mentioned and Tryed wal mart and got denied.. Bk discharged in march

OP, you are better off posting this on the BK board next time. Advice is generally well vetted there with very experienced folks.

That being said, youve done a good job so far. Citi is out of the question in 90% of the time this early. Conventional wisdom is don't bother applying till your Bk is 5-7 years.  You techinically need 3 cards to get your full rebuild going. You could go two routes here (either of which I would recommend).

If you keep both cards you currently own for about 5 months while keeping your util 1-3%, then you can re-apply for a GE card and a Barclays product. Other than that, consider joining a local CU (Vet their BK policy in detail) and open a secured loan/credit builder loan. Use the loan and open a secured card with them. That should give you 4 accounts in about 5 months once again Barclays and GE will be within reach. 

Search soulmaster on the BK thread, he has an excellent from Bk-700 fico in 24months step by step guide.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 12 of 17
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

I had a bk and included a GE card (Lowes). I was able to get approved for a GE card (Care Credit) after bk with a 3500 limiting, then got a cli to 7k last year. GE is pretty BK friendly so I think you'd prob be ok with the Walmart card. Not sure on the others.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 13 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
Ok it might be possible to get unsecured cards but i guess they have the worst terms high annual fees and APR..

Umm, Jan 2010 BK7 here...and I have over $50,000 in available credit and three prime credit cards with optimal APRs and no AF.

Blanket statements are typically untrue when it comes to BK and CCs. Each lender views them differently...and with respect, not all BKs are the same or are viewed the same by said lenders.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 14 of 17
bk510
Valued Contributor

@lexie,

i burned walmart last year and just i hace apped for walmart twice since post bk....but no go.

however i just apped for PP MC but got smart connect instead.....but who cares as long as i'm back in.......RIGHT?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 15 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bk510

Yes, as long as you have your foot in the door- that's what's important
Message 16 of 17
starry1
Valued Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

if your BK is too recent (less than 3 or 4 years) you won't be able to  qualify for any insecured credit cards not even store cards.... just secured card at this point....

I got three unsecured cards less than 30 days from discharge.

Two bad ones with high interest and fees and one very good card. See signature.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.