Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that are good for redeeming toward car rental/Airbnb

tag
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Cards that are good for redeeming toward car rental/Airbnb

Other than the Venture cards, are there any other cards that would be useful for car rentals and Airbnb? I thought I read that the Uber card can be used for both but I'm a long ways from trying to get that card (maybe beginning of 2020). My Cap1 QS is my current go-to card for most of the things I purchase but I was planning to upgrade it to one of the Venture Cards for that reason. 1.25 pts. or even 2 pts. for every $1 does seem like I would have to utilize that card alot to justify having it. One option was to apply for the Savor One in 2020 once I feel comfortable and well above 700 if the cash back rewards will be more effective. Any thoughs would be appreciated. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Re: Cards that are good for redeeming toward car rental/Airbnb

From your signature I can see you already have a relationship with Chase. As your scores continue to climb, I’d recommend the CSR. You’d get 3x UR per dollar spent on all travel, including Airbnb stays and rental cars. The CSR also comes with primary rental car insurance, which is nice if you rent frequently, and Emerald Executive status with National (VISA infinite perk).
Message 2 of 4
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

@Batsamandrobin wrote:
From your signature I can see you already have a relationship with Chase. As your scores continue to climb, I’d recommend the CSR. You’d get 3x UR per dollar spent on all travel, including Airbnb stays and rental cars. The CSR also comes with primary rental car insurance, which is nice if you rent frequently, and Emerald Executive status with National (VISA infinite perk).

I haven't updated my signature for almost two months since I stopped keeping track of my score and was working more on getting my utilization down on my cards. Pretty sure my scores have gone up now but I was going to check next month through My Fico before apping for the Hilton Honors. I prequalied for the CSP a few years ago but I opted on the Freedom Unlimited because of the AF and also I didn't think at the time that I would use the CSP a ton other than going out to eat for lunch/dinner a few times a week. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 3 of 4
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

My wife rents cars all the time and at $40/day for the LDW, the CSP has saved us a ton of money. Then on top of that car rentals and AirBnB both trigger the 2X UR points. The AF is easily overcome if you use rental cars a few times.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.