cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards to stay AWAY from.....Run when you see these.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards to stay AWAY from.....Run when you see these.

Sorry about that..I may have over stepped a bit.....my apologies.Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This is a reminder to keep your posts friendly and supportive. If we receive another complaint from a forum member, this thread will be locked and warnings will be issued accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 12 of 21
keithc
Regular Contributor

74king and commonsense, 1st of all i am NOT a mod but please take it easy!!  they are newbies on here just learning the system!!  i have got 1st premier and tribute! i hate them too!! but they have age on them so i have got to keep them for a little longer!! i disagree with you on Cap one- i applied last mo. got 1k limit at 10.9%!!!
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry for being insensitive to the feelings of others. I only resort to name calling because I have a poor self image and when I degrade others it makes me feel better about myself. Its wrong and I won't do it anymore Its a character flaw and its one that I regret. 

Last last thing I want is for this tread to be the subject of administrative admonishment. 

I fully and positively support the collective efforts of the myFICO community. In the future, my posts will reflect that position.

Message 14 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

commonsense wrote:

...If we say anything to suggest someone missed the point of a thread/posting, a moderator will be sure to PM you and suggest you "play nice".

This is a great resource and a fantastic board but I learned you must be absolutely tolerant of dullards and those who don't read the entire posting. I also learned that they keep you on a short leash when you point this out

I am not the smartest person here, but I know how to read...

commonsense, I have sent you another pm. And just like in the one I sent last week, it isn't asking you to "play nice." Although what I wrote before about how being a mod is sometimes like being a playground monitor seems more true today than ever.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry for being insensitive to the feelings of others. I only resort to name calling because I have a poor self image and when I degrade others it makes me feel better about myself. Its wrong and I won't do it anymore Its a character flaw and its one that I regret. 

Last last thing I want is for this tread to be the subject of administrative admonishment. 

I fully and positively support the collective efforts of the myFICO community. In the future, my posts will reflect that position.

OK EVERYBODY....JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH......Ok everything's cool now. Smiley Very Happy Very got a cool head now. Ok....good times for alllSmiley Wink

Message 16 of 21
GregB
Valued Contributor

I believe that Capital One should not be on the list of "Run when you see these". I think they DO have some cards and/or programs that might be on that list BUT they also have reasonable cards and/or programs.

I have three Cap One accounts, One business with $20,000 CL and 5.9% interest. Two personal (one old formerly joint and one new separate) These have CL of $10,000 and $18,000. Both interest rates are reasonable, one 8.25% and the other currently a 0% one year BT showing 9.89% "normal" rate.

My only complaint with them was that up to a year or two ago they were not reporting the true CL to the CRA, only the maximum balance. They fixed that.

I think it is obvious that Capital One covers a large range of customers. They shouldn't have their "prime" accounts (if that is the correct terminology) lumped in together with their "sub-prime" accounts.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC does the

@GregB wrote:

I believe that Capital One should not be on the list of "Run when you see these". I think they DO have some cards and/or programs that might be on that list BUT they also have reasonable cards and/or programs.

I have three Cap One accounts, One business with $20,000 CL and 5.9% interest. Two personal (one old formerly joint and one new separate) These have CL of $10,000 and $18,000. Both interest rates are reasonable, one 8.25% and the other currently a 0% one year BT showing 9.89% "normal" rate.

My only complaint with them was that up to a year or two ago they were not reporting the true CL to the CRA, only the maximum balance. They fixed that.

I think it is obvious that Capital One covers a large range of customers. They shouldn't have their "prime" accounts (if that is the correct terminology) lumped in together with their "sub-prime" accounts.

HSBC does the same thing, and they are in there. Any company that engages in these type of practices go in. PERIOD....PLUS that's not my doing, this is what others are saying. So i have put them in there. They don't call them Crap 1 for nothing. They are in the WEEDS.

Message 18 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I'm surprised AMEX didn't make the list.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I'm surprised AMEX didn't make the list.
They were close...but they aren't in the WEEDS yet. But they are scumbagsSmiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.