Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards with Zero Balance Not Reporting?

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Cards with Zero Balance Not Reporting?

Perhaps this is normal, but I've noticed recently that some of my credit cards with zero statement balances haven't been reporting to the credit bureaus.

Specifically, my two Barclaycards (Jet Blue and Arrival +) have zero balances and haven't reported in the past couple of months. I seldom use these cards except for a few minor recurring charges each month and typically pay them off. But I was under the impression that all cards report each month, even if they have zero balances?

I also typically maintain zero balance on my Delta SkyMiles Gold AMEX card, and it does seem to report each month. So perhaps this phenomenon is limited to Barclay? It's a mystery!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards with Zero Balance Not Reporting?

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

Perhaps this is normal, but I've noticed recently that some of my credit cards with zero statement balances haven't been reporting to the credit bureaus.

Specifically, my two Barclaycards (Jet Blue and Arrival +) have zero balances and haven't reported in the past couple of months. I seldom use these cards except for a few minor charges each month and typically pay them off. But I was under the impression that all cards report each month, even if they have zero balances?

I also typically maintain zero balance on my Delta SkyMiles Gold AMEX card, and it does seem to report each month. So perhaps this phenomenon is limited to Barclay? It's a mystery!

My Uber Barclays VISA has been reporting with a zero balance. Last time it reported with a (small) balance was 4-5 months ago.

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Some do, some dont.

If there is any activity on the card, even if you pay before the statement cuts, it will report.

If no activity, some lenders like Citi and Barclay dont report, which is perfectly fine. Lenders dont have to report, but if they do, it has to be correct.

If there has been no changes since last report, they dont have to report. 

Message 3 of 4
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Some do, some dont.

If there is any activity on the card, even if you pay before the statement cuts, it will report.

If no activity, some lenders like Citi and Barclay dont report, which is perfectly fine. Lenders dont have to report, but if they do, it has to be correct.

If there has been no changes since last report, they dont have to report. 

I learn something new on this forum every week.  Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.