cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards with top benefits for top tier customers.

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Cards with top benefits for top tier customers.

This thread is cracking me up.  Look first class travel costs a lot of money and having Amex plat and CSR helps subsidize those costs with rewards and some perks.  If you are the one always looking for a FC or Hotel Suite upgrade, good luck.

I work very hard and for that I will travel first class, flights, hotels, dining and car rentals and you have to pay for it one way or another with cash, rewards or a combination of both. 

As many have said  “you need to spend money to make money”.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 41 of 60
charp150
Valued Member

The Hilton Diamond status is hit or miss in terms of upgrade.  You do get access to a dedicated customer support desk (called the Diamond Desk) that is very helpful if you need to make modifications to reservations or need an issue resolved (for me, this is often the terrible WiFi speeds in their facilities).  

IMHO, the Amex Centurion lounges are awful and overrated.  They are absurdly crowded and the ‘buffet’ is like a feeding trough for horses.  Moreover, the facility isn’t all that impressive.  It’s like the lobby of a mediocre Marriott merged with a Golden Corral.  Delta lounges are, in my experience, far superior (I’m based in Atlanta as are their best lounges).  

I actually find a lot of use with PP using the ‘Minute Suites’ when I want to get a nap in during a layover.  Good thing there are far worse problems in the world to be concerned with than the luxuries afforded by credit cards.  

Message 42 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex lounge users are higher networth individuals along with their families and guests except for some military who get in by agreeing to serve our country and all have access based on the Amex Platinum card or higher.  The Airline lounges can be gotten in by frequent flyer programs and/or certain tickets and some of the lounges allow one to pay for entry. Independent lounges are pay for entry but are generally offered as part of lounge programs on credit cards.

I would agree that the airline lounges have more restrictive access and better service levels if you have First Class on AA for instance, on certain routes you qualify for the AA Flagship dining at JFK.

American Express lounges in general are a good thing however as people will have access to more lounge space which is needed to cater to demand and more choices.

Message 43 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

this thread seems to have run its course, now turning into who has big wallet competition.

Message 44 of 60
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

this thread seems to have run its course, now turning into who has big wallet competition.

Lol, Business 101, the one with the biggest wallet usually wins......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 45 of 60
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amex lounge users are higher networth individuals along with their families and guests except for some military who get in by agreeing to serve our country and all have access based on the Amex Platinum card or higher.

I don't think that the Plat implies higher net worth in the usual sense.   You don't need much income or worth, just a willingness to pay the equivalent of just over $10 a week on AF (hopefully much reduced by the credits)

Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amex lounge users are higher networth individuals

This isn't necessarily true at all.  All sorts of people have amex platinums, including those who spend more than they earn and have negative net worth.  Unfortunately this is very common in the US.

Message 47 of 60
redpat
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amex lounge users are higher networth individuals along with their families and guests except for some military who get in by agreeing to serve our country and all have access based on the Amex Platinum card or higher.

I don't think that the Plat implies higher net worth in the usual sense.   You don't need much income or worth, just a willingness to pay the equivalent of just over $10 a week on AF (hopefully much reduced by the credits)

+1 and one of the easiest cards to get.

Message 48 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was under impression Amex Platinum needed a high score and high income to get and had strict underwriting standards.  If they are devaluating the card with allowing too many people to get it, then it does weaken the card somewhat.  I have gotten preapprovals for multiple Amex charge cards over the years, and have not taken up their offers.

Visa Infinite, World Mastercard Elite and Amex Platinum would be the harder tiers to achieve although oddly Mastercard with World Mastercard Elite seems to have popped up on low limit cards although they may have limited features.  

Obviously Centurion is the higher end Amex which is significant and few people can achieve it.  

Does Bank of America

Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Amex Plat is easiest, which is hardest card to get that one can openly appy for?

I had a Bank of America card that got converted to a Bank of America Amex with Worldpoints rewards program.  Never used the card and it got closed out.  I don’t see any Bank Of America issued American Express anymore.  The Wells Fargo Propel has a more compelling Amex with better rewards but Wells Fargo reputation isn’t so good.  

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.