Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards you can’t get with sagestream frozen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cards you can’t get with sagestream frozen

I have sage stream frozen, Apple Card says they can't verify my identity after sending in my ID, repeatedly, I also tried to prequalify for the Lowe's card from synchrony and couldn't qualify with a 738 fico 8 on transunion, 800 dollars in installment debt (less than 9%) and 0/6 2/12, seems like I would be shoe in for approval, I know sync uses sagestream, anyone have success with these cards with SS on ice?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Cards you can’t get with sagestream frozen

Why is your Sage Stream frozen?

There are at least 25 other ancillary reporting agencies, so if lender was looking for dirt, they could pick any other and go from there. 

There is nothing special about SageStream in terms of data it contains, and the real doozy here is that Sage Stream uses Innovis data and if Innovis is not frozen, it's akin to locking house door while leaving it open. 

In the past, lenders might have approved with it frozen, but some will not entertain the possibility of approval without report being available. 

Sage Stream is primarily used for ID verification. 

Of course, you have the right to freeze whatever you want, but there are ramifications from applying with frozen reports as you've learned first-hand. 

Do you happen to have a short credit history? 

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Comenity and a few others also use SageStream, OP.  I suppose it all depends how badly you want their products.

Message 3 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Didn't know personally Synchrony now uses Sagestream.

I can accurately confirm the IKEA Card courtesy Comenity DOES for sure. Took (2) pops on my EX and subsequent denials after being preapproved. I had no idea at the time such a Sagestream pull was needed. The denial letters cited ONLY Sagestream.

It was frozen many years ago (long time set & forget) but no problem unfreezing it if it's going to become part of a trend with the approval procedure now.

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

USBank also pulls from SageStream, who pulls data from Innovis and from LexisNexis, who also happens to own SageStream. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I froze it a while back due to so many terrible reviews about them, I lost the pin paper I ordered a while back when I locked it, I ordered my report score and a duplicate pin sheet I'm probably just going to unfreeze it. And dispute to get old information removed It's just gonna take a while to get it in the mail. Not hurting right this minute for any of these cards

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.