cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards you've laid out to pasture (August edition)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards you've laid out to pasture (August edition)

I'm thinking about taking my $300.00 Cap1 card for it's final walk. $200.00 of that limit is mine. I have a balance of $292.00. Just called and was told that it has an annual fee of $24.00 and what I can do is pay $92.00 then the $200.00 that I deposited for the secured portion will be applied to pay it off then canceled. 

Message 21 of 27
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Public Savings Bank secured card

HSBC Secured card

Capital One Secured card

No intention of closing any unsecured cards until CR goes clean in 2015.

Message 22 of 27
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

$300 Macy's

$2500 AmEx Blue for Students   (Got backdated on my BCP so no big loss)

$5000 BofA Student Visa             (Wish I would have kept this open, the AAoA would have been awesome)

My USAA WMC is on its way to the sockdrawer since the rewards are meh, but the $14k limit and the 4% interest are keeping me from closing it entirely.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 27
bluewillow
New Contributor

Applied Bank 1500

Credit One 1800

First Nat'l (Legacy) 800

HSBC     300

Next to go

Cap 1 500

Cap 1 500

HSBC  500

Loews  500

Don't need them anymore, grateful they helped me rebuild but don't need low limit cards with AF anymore

Message 24 of 27
bluewillow
New Contributor

Oh and agree with the one poster Old Navy..low limit..don't shop there much so may cancel that one as well

Message 25 of 27
swpopham
Established Contributor

Navy fed platinum card, chopped
Told them if they couldn't do a cli to close it.... well it closed, oh well lowest limit gone ;-)
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 26 of 27
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Navy fed platinum card, chopped
Told them if they couldn't do a cli to close it.... well it closed, oh well lowest limit gone ;-)

But was it a good card?  Seems $5k is still a great CL.  How much will that affect your utilization?

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.