Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit CLI Credit Limit Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit CLI Credit Limit Increase

Hello im windering what a good strategy is for fetting an increase for my xare credit card. Ive had the card over a year. I was initially aporived for $2000. I used it for the first time this month and paid it in full within a week of the charge. Im not sure my TU score. My EX fico 8 is 731 and my EX Fico 9 EX fico is 799. I'd like a substantial increase for a rhinoplasty.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Care Credit CLI Credit Limit Increase

Best strategy is to actually call Credit Solutions and request a cliSmiley Wink. Aim a little high, they should counter if you are eligble but not approved for whole request. Your score is good enough to get 15k easy imo but as always, ymmvSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Dont believe Credit solutions handles Care credit they are kinda their own beast you can try online as that is how i got my CLI by SP on TU or you can call is as well to the # on the back of your card.  Your scores certainly support a limit above what you have assuming your income is sufficent it appears.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened an account about 18 months ago with a 5k limit. Charged $3500 for dental work at 0% if paid in full over 18 months. Set auto pay at $200 per month x 12 months and then paid the remaining balance in full. I’ve got orthodontist coming up and asked for 15k via the online CLI button with an instant approval. 740 FICO
Message 4 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello im windering what a good strategy is for fetting an increase for my xare credit card. Ive had the card over a year. I was initially aporived for $2000. I used it for the first time this month and paid it in full within a week of the charge. Im not sure my TU score. My EX fico 8 is 731 and my EX Fico 9 EX fico is 799. I'd like a substantial increase for a rhinoplasty.

You can see your TU score on the Care Credit site... Synchrony gives it to you for free.  Smiley Wink

I recently went from $9500 to $15k by just requesing a CLI on the website (you can now put in how much you want) so you might consider that as well.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome Nolan! I think you have a decent chance at an increase based on where you stand.  But just for my crazy brain, I'm curious about one thing.  You said you got the card over a year ago and just used it for the first time this month?  How much did you run up on it this month?  I'm only questioning the lack of use because even though I think you can get an increase, that may limit how much you may have gotten.  I'm just thinking out loud here...it could totally not make a difference. Good luck on the increase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three weeks ago 6000 CLI request online granted -- from 9K to 15K. Asked for 20K but NO. This is the 4th CLI (6/25 x 2; 9/20) since account opened for initial CL of 1K on June 2018. I've charged 8 dollars total so far. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my care credit card back in January and literally just used it in August for the 1st time. I was able to get my limit up to 15k in July with no use.

It is a soft pull so no harm to your score. I have some upcoming dental work and I didn’t want my utilization to skyrocket.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried for a CLI last week and it was a hard pull.
Message 9 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried for a CLI last week and it was a hard pull.

That's unusual, but occasionally you'll find a report of a HP for various Synchrony cards... it's not common, though.

I'm sorry you were one of the unlucky ones.  Smiley Sad

Just for the data point, did you call in or use the website?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.