Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit - Limits and usage

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Care Credit - Limits and usage

Considering applying for Care credit because I have a big dental procedure coming up and my insurance is covering a certain percentage of the treatment but I have to cover the additional 20% I believe which is going to be over 2,500. I was interested in applying to get the special financing but have my doubts. I only want it to get the special financing and don't plan to ever use it again. Is it worth the hassle of taking an AAoA hit? What kind of limits do they usually approve?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit - Limits and usage

@maiden_girl wrote:

Considering applying for Care credit because I have a big dental procedure coming up and my insurance is covering a certain percentage of the treatment but I have to cover the additional 20% I believe which is going to be over 2,500. I was interested in applying to get the special financing but have my doubts. I only want it to get the special financing and don't plan to ever use it again. Is it worth the hassle of taking an AAoA hit? What kind of limits do they usually approve?

For what it's worth, I got approved a year ago when my scores were all in the low to mid 600's....they only gave me $1000

Now my TU score (which they pull) is 750ish, so just a couple of weeks ago I asked for a CL and got a $15,800 increase.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 2 of 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

15k CL? WOWOW!

I don't need that much of a credit line. I need around 5k at least. Still unsure if I should apply or use one of my current cards and do a BT.

Message 3 of 6
Networth
Frequent Contributor

If you only need 5k I would use a card you already have, unless Care Credit is offering you a great deal. I never applied but had a friend who needed almost all his teeth capped even with insurance it was 20k or so, he did Care Credit because they gave him some no intrest deal if I remember. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 4 of 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Networth wrote:

If you only need 5k I would use a card you already have, unless Care Credit is offering you a great deal. I never applied but had a friend who needed almost all his teeth capped even with insurance it was 20k or so, he did Care Credit because they gave him some no intrest deal if I remember. 

I just want the 24 month no interest financing they're offering.

Message 5 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Networth wrote:

I just want the 24 month no interest financing they're offering.

When I got mine people said shoot high for credit limit. At the time my highest limit was $700 I almost fell over when they approved me for $5000. I thought they changed the maximum no interest financing to 18 months. Also be sure your provider offers the longer no interest terms.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.