Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit Question

New member here.  Smiley Very Happy

I want to apply for Care Credit. My TU Fico score is 640 and EX FICO is 632 (PSECU) but I have an unpaid collecton from Midland Credit that's due to fall off in 2013.  Will that prevent an approval? Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit Question

Don't waist your time!  If you apply now it will result  in another INQ from EQ.  Take 6 months to work on your score!

Message 2 of 12
sweetschuni
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apply for Care Credit. My TU Fico score is 640 and EX FICO is 632 (PSECU) but I have an unpaid collecton from Midland Credit that's due to fall off in 2013.  Will that prevent an approval? Thanks for any input.

CareCredit was my first credit card and I received it in 08/11. They pulled TransUnion and my score was 580 at the time with about 15 derogs (mostly medical.) I hope this helps.

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you looking for Care Credit to cover a medical procedure that you need done now?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweetschuni wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CareCredit was my first credit card and I received it in 08/11. They pulled TransUnion and my score was 580 at the time with about 15 derogs (mostly medical.) I hope this helps.

Thanks. What kind of credit limit did you receive?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you looking for Care Credit to cover a medical procedure that you need done now?

Yes.  

Message 6 of 12
Juan123
Established Contributor

i got approved with a 590 score and 0 baddies for $1000, i say go for it, you'll get it! i have faith!!!!

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 7 of 12
sweetschuni
New Contributor

My initial CL was $1,000.

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You should be good, they may hit you with a small CL but explain to them your procedure and estimated cost and they might bump it up for you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for Care Credit in October with an EQ Fico score around 670.  I had one 1.5 year medical collection reporting at the time (my only derog).  I was approved for $5,500, which has proved to be incredibly helpful since I've had to have multiple dental procedures since receiving the card.

Good luck!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.