Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Rewards Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit Rewards Mastercard

My wife received a letter yesterday from Care Credit saying her card is upgrading to the Care Credit Rewards MasterCard. Has anybody else received this?   I did a search on here and on Google but couldn't find anything on it.

edit to add a little more info:

I wanted to post a picture of the card but I don't know how on my IPad. Unfortunately the letter is all in Spanish. My wife is Latina and somehow a couple years ago when she first got her Care Credit card  she called and asked for a Spanish CSR and after that her primary language changed to Spanish. We never changed it back because  1. She still speaks and understands more Spanish than English and     2. We never receive any communications from them so never really thought about it again. Basically it's a rewards MasterCard and you still get the promo deals but also points on all purchases.

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit Rewards Mastercard

I hadn't opened the envelope, but yeah me too. I'm pretty happy! (Except that it means carrying another card more often). 

2 pts per $1 in Care Credit Network, drug stores, grocery stores, and pet stores. 1 pt everywhere else. Can be redeemed for statement credit (and some other stuff). 

Activation offer $250 in purchases before MARCH 2017 earn 2500 bonus points. (Maybe they're giving a long window so you'll forget?) 

I've skimmed everything including fine print and I don't see where it says that when redeemed 1 pt = 1 cent, and I don't see what any redemption thresholds might be. 

"A minimum amount of Reward Points will be required to select a redemption option and may change from time to time." 

But one would assume that's what it is. 

You can opt out by 10/23. Will be sent in November. May need to provide income info upon Activation. 

Message 2 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hadn't opened the envelope, but yeah me too. I'm pretty happy! (Except that it means carrying another card more often). 

2 pts per $1 in Care Credit Network, drug stores, grocery stores, and pet stores. 1 pt everywhere else. Can be redeemed for statement credit (and some other stuff). 

Activation offer $250 in purchases before MARCH 2017 earn 2500 bonus points. (Maybe they're giving a long window so you'll forget?) 

I've skimmed everything including fine print and I don't see where it says that when redeemed 1 pt = 1 cent, and I don't see what any redemption thresholds might be. 

"A minimum amount of Reward Points will be required to select a redemption option and may change from time to time." 

But one would assume that's what it is. 

You can opt out by 10/23. Will be sent in November. May need to provide income info upon Activation. 

I'm actually shocked. It would be her highest credit line for a card that can be used just about everywhere. Interest is a killer though. You're right, info is a bit vague at this point but it definitely makes this card a lot more appealing, my son is just starting up some dental work and it looks like a lot of it will be after the upgrade so I'll be able to score some points for it!

Message 3 of 60
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

That would be nice if they changed all the CC cards to this, maybe they would see more use.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

That would be nice if they changed all the CC cards to this, maybe they would see more use.

True. I have a care credit card too but haven't gotten a letter. She's been paying on an 18 month no interest thing that ends this month. We paid it off yesterday morning and came home and found this letter. Card is at 0 balance now for the first time in a year and a half. Perfect timing.

Message 5 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great news! I am confident I won't get the same offer rocking 5500/7000
Message 6 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Have had carecredit for a year and a half or something havent got a letter yet, might be coming?  With that said I don't want a new accoun reporting on my CR.  Doesn't sync convert in that method or does it bring the history with it?  

Message 7 of 60
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I been with care credit for 8 yrs haven't received any letter yet. However, sounds great its going to upgrade to MasterCard. Ty for sharing.
Message 8 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Have had carecredit for a year and a half or something havent got a letter yet, might be coming?  With that said I don't want a new accoun reporting on my CR.  Doesn't sync convert in that method or does it bring the history with it?  

I would imagine it'll show up as new since it gives you an opt out date. (Only reason I can think of to want to opt out would be new account reporting)

Then again, when my Barclay Travelocity AMEX turned into an Arrival MC it carried the history and didn't show up as a new account so who knows.

Message 9 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

With that said I don't want a new accoun reporting on my CR.  Doesn't sync convert in that method or does it bring the history with it?  

Same here. Every Sync card I've had that got upgraded to MC/Visa started reporting as a new tradeline. A year ago, I didn't give this kind of stuff a second thought, but I'm a lot more conscientious about AAoA now. Moreover, I regret upgrading every single one of those cards because I've found I never use them outside of the stores they're tied to anyway. So I definitely won't be upgrading my Care Credit either (assuming I get the offer).

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.