cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit after Care Credit Chargeoff??? We'll see how this goes...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit after Care Credit Chargeoff??? We'll see how this goes...

Has anyone applied for Care Credit after getting a chargeoff with them. I had one with $1000 CL, hubby had one with $6000 CL. My card had perfect credit, but I closed it because I wasn't using it (closed in 2003), hubby's started getting behind in 2006 and was charged off for $717 outstanding in 06 or 07. I think I might have paid this off to a CA but don't have the documentation. Now hubby has a bad toothache and needs dental care. I just applied online for a joint account with me as primary applicant. He has the higher income, but I have higher scores. I had to call them back after application was submitted, hubby had gone to store. They put me on hold for awhile and then they asked to speak with him...now I have to call them back and put him on the phone with him...is it regarding the CO from 6 years ago, or just to confirm that he agreed to be co-app on this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit after Care Credit Chargeoff??? We'll see how this goes...

UPDATE: They just needed to confirm his identity, probably because just last week I disputed his prior addresses, in an attempt to start the clean-up & repair process. Anyway, we got approved for the $2000 I requested...Should have asked for more...especially with our dental issues...darn English ancestors...lol :-}

Message 2 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Glad it worked out, congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! If only I could figure out how to make the emoticons work..darn computer! :-o

Message 4 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always call back and tell them you found out you needed a little more credit. I did that an dit worked. I was approved for 1500 and called them back and told them i needed it to be 3000 and a few seconds later, bam, approved for 3000...they are easy to work worth..If you need more then 2000 or don't want to use your whole limit i would call them back asap and ask for more so they don't run the credit report again..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.