Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit closing accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit closing accounts?

I know Care Credit has been known to close accounts for inactivity, but what exactly qualifies as "inactivity"? I have a care credit card and only charged what I needed to and have bee npaying for 2 years. I haven't charged anything new, but I am making payments on my balance. Is that enough to keep it opened?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Re: Care Credit closing accounts?

Yes that would count as activity.  But ....just curious...are you paying interest on your balance?!!? They charge a pretty steep interest rate and none of their interest free promos run longer than 24 months and once the promo is up if the balance isn't PIF the interest from day 1 gets applied...just FYI in case you weren't aware.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, unfortunately, I learned the hard way about their horrible interest rate. Smiley Sad  And now I'm working my butt off to pay it down as fast as I can!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

But on the flip side, I took advice from here and asked for a CLI and they raised me $3000 so I"m up to $7000  which will bring down my utilization Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But on the flip side, I took advice from here and asked for a CLI and they raised me $3000 so I"m up to $7000  which will bring down my utilization Smiley Very Happy

I'm unsure of your credit situation but it would be a good idea to research BT cards. If you have other credit cards, check them for BT offers as well. Doing a BT could reduce your interest rate allowing you to pay off your balance much sooner. Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 BT may be a great option if available. Congrats on your cli thoughSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

I agree with the above posters...if it's at all an option I would apply for a card that has a 0% BT offer and do that immediately.  No sense throwing away money every month on interest

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.