Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit payment 1 day late...

tag
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Care Credit payment 1 day late...

My card was due on the 19th which was about 40 minutes ago, but my auto pay didn't kick in yet, so I scheduled the payment to be taken out today which is the 20th, so it will be 1 day late. 

I know no one can predict the future, but any guesses on the chances of AA? I know Synch is tightening their belts. Have had the card 1.5 years and never paid late. Would hate to lose that 15k limit.  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit payment 1 day late...

Call them. It's always best to call and explain what happened. 

Message 2 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

With how trigger-happy sync is right now, there's a high chance of AA. You'll have to call in and run damage control.

Message 3 of 15
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

I wish you the best.

Message 4 of 15
Gollum
Established Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

My card was due on the 19th which was about 40 minutes ago, but my auto pay didn't kick in yet, so I scheduled the payment to be taken out today which is the 20th, so it will be 1 day late. 

I know no one can predict the future, but any guesses on the chances of AA? I know Synch is tightening their belts. Have had the card 1.5 years and never paid late. Would hate to lose that 15k limit.  

CreditJourney007,

I suggest you wait a day or so to find out which date your payment was credited.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 5 of 15
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

What was your balance on the card and how much did you pay??

normallly I would say don't worry but in these times I would definitely call ASAP - goodluck

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 6 of 15
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed it's always a good thing to get ahead of anything that could become a problem. (especially the way sync has been lately).

Message 7 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Call them. It's always best to call and explain what happened

The best explanation is no explanation. You don't need to give them ammunition to initiate a closure or slash an SL. 

If you do decide to call, you tell them one word: "oversight". 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Call them. It's always best to call and explain what happened

The best explanation is no explanation. You don't need to give them ammunition to initiate a closure or slash an SL. 

If you do decide to call, you tell them one word: "oversight". 

You get a lot further when you actually take ownership of your issues than when you act like it wasn't your fault. If a computer is going to take AA, it's going to happen regardless, but if a human is involved in that decision, honesty can get you empathy. 

It's not like it can do any more harm than being late in the first place. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.