Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit payment 1 day late...

tag
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit payment 1 day late...

@Anonymous wrote:

You get a lot further when you actually take ownership of your issues than when you act like it wasn't your fault. If a computer is going to take AA, it's going to happen regardless, but if a human is involved in that decision, honesty can get you empathy. 

It's not like it can do any more harm than being late in the first place. 

From what @CreditJourney007 wrote in the initial post to this thread (05-19-2020 10:42 PM), the timing and the scheduling of his/her/its payments seem unclear to me. If the payment turned out to not actually be late, then I think drawing attention could be bad. If the payment turns out to be late, then sure, call.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 11 of 15
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You get a lot further when you actually take ownership of your issues than when you act like it wasn't your fault. If a computer is going to take AA, it's going to happen regardless, but if a human is involved in that decision, honesty can get you empathy. 

From what @CreditJourney007 wrote in the initial post to this thread (05-19-2020 10:42 PM), the timing and the scheduling of his/her/its payments seem unclear to me. If the payment turned out to not actually be late, then I think drawing attention could be bad. If the payment turns out to be late, then sure, call.

Agree damage control is indeed warranted. Good luck OP!

With Synchrony accounts it's quite easy to see if a payment has been made or scheduled (pending), it is detailed on the payments page. On all my accounts they also add a pending payment banner on the right side of the summary page. So as the OP said, the auto payment feature did not yet kick in, IIRC it can take two months or so. I don't use this feature but when I checked it out there was a disclaimer advising that you continue making manual payments until the initial auto payment has actually gone through.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 12 of 15
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree damage control is indeed warranted. Good luck OP!

With Synchrony accounts it's quite easy to see if a payment has been made or scheduled (pending), it is detailed on the payments page. On all my accounts they also add a pending payment banner on the right side of the summary page. So as the OP said, the auto payment feature did not yet kick in, IIRC it can take two months or so. I don't use this feature but when I checked it out there was a disclaimer advising that you continue making manual payments until the initial auto payment has actually gone through.

It was scheduled late. Due on the 19th, thought autopay kicked in, logged in to check, panicked when I saw it was late. Scheduled it after midnight so it = 1 day late. Payment was taken out and limit has remained the same. I am waiting until my statement to see if there's a late fee and/or AA. Then I'll call. 

Message 13 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

How does an autopay schedule late? Whats  the point of having autopay if it doesnt autopay before or on due date?

Message 14 of 15
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

How does an autopay schedule late? Whats  the point of having autopay if it doesnt autopay before or on due date?

I didn't sign up for it in time for this month, that's why. I didn't realize there was a lag time until it kicked in. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.