Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit vs. Care Credit PLUS

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Care Credit vs. Care Credit PLUS

Yesterday, I applied for Care Credit, & received instant approval for 5K.

Today, I got 2 emails.  One said, Congratulations, you have been approved for Care Credit in the amount of 5K.  The second said, Sorry, you were not approved for Care Credit, but we are pleased to offer you Care Credit Plus in the amount of 2500.

Has anyone ever heard of this?  I'm not really sure what to do now, besides call them up & ask them why they said I was approved.  It's like they said, HA!  Just Kidding!  Sucker!  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit vs. Care Credit PLUS

Wow that stinks! I have been trying for about 3 years to get care credit and I know I would be severely dissappointed if I thought I had it and then they pulled that on me.

My stinkin dentist refuses to fix my teeth one at a time like a normal dentist. He wants to fix them all at once the "fancy" way so he can "make me look like a rockstar". Im like "DUDE, If I wanted to look like a rock star I would dye my hair pink and get tatoos." After all it would be cheaper than what he wants to charge me to fix my teeth.

I would just call and ask which email you were supposed to go by. Maybe they sent the $2500 first THEN the $5000 one.

Just trying to put a positive spin on it . Smiley Wink

Message Edited by AmyBoo on 10-06-2008 09:34 PM
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

bump Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

UPDATE:  CareCredit is now showing on all 3 CRAs as $5000.  Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats!  what happened to care credit plus 2500,  was it a mistake?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:
congrats!  what happened to care credit plus 2500,  was it a mistake?

you know, i'm still not sure........but when i call the 800 # it only mentions the care credit account, not the care credit PLUS...i'm kind of scared to call & ask, just in case they change their mind!  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take for the accounts to hits your reports from the time u were approved?
Message 7 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How long did it take for the accounts to hits your reports from the time u were approved?

for all 3 to show up, about 10 days!  i was astonished.  i've never had anything report so fast!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.