Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit?

That surprises me.  I applied in late March with a 600ish score (they pulled Experian) and got $500 approved instantly, which was all that I needed so I didn't ask for more.  They're giving me 90 days to pay it off before I get deferred interest, but it's 90 days from date of service.  When I took a cat to the vet again in June, my next statement showed split deferral end dates for the March and June bills.

Maybe it is the time of year?

They did send me a card.  I treat it just as carefully as I do a credit card.  And since I'm making more than the minimum payment every month - if I could pay it off I wouldn't need it in the first place Smiley Happy - it's doing fairly nice things to my CR.

Message 61 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hi Sonria,

Yes, I really think it was the CL.  I'll find out and let you know!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 62 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happy0510 wrote:

They pull EX. Care Credit Pulled EQ.

I applied with Care Credit for 12K.  I was thinking maybe that was the problem? Not sure. Also, was thinking it would be worth a try to call them and try and get that one opened lower...don't know how terrible that would look though on the scores. 

Chase chose our limit. Yes, I got the provider ID#.  It was terrible cause I had just gotten a denial and now I had to call them and ask for an ID...and the Dr's office gets all the paperwork sent to them too! Ugh..thank goodness for the approval!

DH's EQ score is 657 with 29% util.  I can't check EX!!

How do you go about finding a provider who takes Chase?  Care Credit has a provider search, I can't find this on Chase?  Do I have to go through the Yellow Pages calling Dentist/Doctors and asking if they accept Chase?

Message 63 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hi Angel,

I'm not sure.  Maybe you can call chase.  I actually got the information from my doctors office.  They gave me a brochure for Care Credit and Chase. 

HappySmiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi happy

Thanks for the information. Guess I'll wait until I have Utilization down a bit before I apply for Care Credit.

Message 65 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Advance Care Card instead because I wasn't approved with Care Credit. Its a new product out. It was great and easy. I was able to get 6 months 0% Check the out www.advancecarecard.com
Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the Advance Care Card instead because I wasn't approved with Care Credit. Its a new product out. It was great and easy. I was able to get 6 months 0% Check the out www.advancecarecard.com

What was your CL?  Which CRA did they pull?  Have they reported to your CR yet?  Who do they report to and how does the account report?

Did your Dr/Dentist accept this CC?  Or did you get a referral from them to one who does?

I have a friend that is considering a medical financing account and I was explaining CareCredit and Chase.  But when I look at this Advance Care, it shows it is a VISA card....not a dedicated medical card, unless they somehow only allow it to be used at medical providers?

Anyone have any experience here?

Message Edited by txjohn on 02-12-2010 04:47 PM
Message 67 of 69
Malaby

Message 68 of 69
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Malaby, this thread is almost 3 years old. The information in this thread may not be as accurate as it once was, given the amount of time thats passed. You may want to create a new post/message with your question

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.