Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit?

Anyone get Care Credit with high util but great history with GEMB? Also, one open account no lates with GEMB currently? Scores around 650 +.  This is for my DH.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

High Utilization may be the reason I put off apping for this for awhile. Right now it's at about 27%  since I put my car loan onto three 0% credit cards a couple of months ago.

My relationship with GEMB is good though...my oldest card is my JCP card that is 17 yrs old now. Never any overlimits and no derogs at all since the BK 8 yrs ago.  

Since my daughters surgery will be pretty expensive maybe I'll wait until I have my utilization down a bit.

happy, let us know if your DH apps for this and what CL he gets. What is his util?

Message 52 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

Ok....well util is pretty high but about 50% with his current GEMB and all other GEMB paid in full. But, it is still ultimately up to him.  He always says "go ahead, app", he has never been on myfico.com, but I am weary because of I have.  Ok...i'll ask him tonight and hopefully I will app tomorrow!!

Message 53 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

Haven't applied yet...tomorrow or Friday! But, I wanted to get your opinion

EQ-657-29% Util....

Is it a yes or no?

Message 54 of 69
score_building
Senior Contributor

@happy0510 wrote:

Haven't applied yet...tomorrow or Friday! But, I wanted to get your opinion

EQ-657-29% Util....

Is it a yes or no?

ideally i'd get the one card well below 50% b4 app. for best result.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 55 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

Update:

Applied for Care Credit - Instant DenialSmiley Sad

Applied for Chase Health Advance - Instant Approval Smiley Happy 9K

Message Edited by happy0510 on 08-06-2009 01:19 PM

Message 56 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did they pull?

What's your CR & FICO stats?

I got denied by CareCredit too.

Did you have a participating Doctor?  I looked at their site and it seems you have to have the Health Provider ID to apply.

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-06-2009 01:30 PM
Message 57 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

They pull EX. Care Credit Pulled EQ.

I applied with Care Credit for 12K.  I was thinking maybe that was the problem? Not sure. Also, was thinking it would be worth a try to call them and try and get that one opened lower...don't know how terrible that would look though on the scores. 

Chase chose our limit. Yes, I got the provider ID#.  It was terrible cause I had just gotten a denial and now I had to call them and ask for an ID...and the Dr's office gets all the paperwork sent to them too! Ugh..thank goodness for the approval!

DH's EQ score is 657 with 29% util.  I can't check EX!!

Message 58 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you could call Care Credit for recon?  Please let us know when you find out what their reasons were for denial.

Do you have any other Chase accounts?

Message 59 of 69
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hi Vee,

Right after you apply they give you your denial letter. So awkward really.  It even says "you will not receive a denial letter in the mail" It lists:

- Delinquency,adverse public record or collection (no PR or collections...few lates dating back 18 months)

- ratio of revolving account balances to revolving credit lines (29% util)

- number of accounts with recent activity (WTF?? this one I don't get...no IQ's in past 18 months. Only about 5  active accounts out of almost 30!!

- average age of accounts (5 years)

I was thinking of doing the recon but i'm concerned about the AAoA now...then there's the util...what's better? I don't know...

Sorry...yes we used to have an old Chase CC but we closed it.  No lates.  That's it! Nothing current with them!

Message Edited by happy0510 on 08-06-2009 03:46 PM

Message 60 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.