Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit?

interesting.  i had to call & find out my CL.

----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I was at trying to get a coworker to apply because he has no CC's and he was asking me about that type of card but I ended up apping myself. I got an instant approval but he didn't. I got a $3500 CL and he got a $5000 CL. His EQU at the time was 627.

Message 11 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:
i applied near the beginning of october.  see my scores below.  they pulled EQ.  i live in texas.

Thanks for the responses everyone! Do they issue a card for this credit line or if you go to the Dr, DDS or Vet does that facility have to call? Unfortunately my son has to have a root canal, post & buildup and a crown for a "tug o war" game gone wrong. On top of that, the stray dog I found that hasn't been claimed by none other than myself at this point...went down/paralized in hind legs may need a back surgery (estimated 2500.00) if his conservative treatment doesn't heal properly. After, $300 + at the dentist between the 3 of us & another $297 at the vet in conjunction with xmas......... I could use the care credit for a few months at 0% interest... Did any of you get the 0% rate on treatments? From what I gather, the rates are set by where you receive treatment?  Thanks again for any insights!

Brandy

Message 12 of 69
laz98
Senior Contributor

yes, they send you a card.  i haven't used mine, but it's my understanding that it's usually 0% interest for X number of months.  the amount of time you have to pay the balance back depends on how much you are charging.  from what i understand, if you don't think you will pay it back in say, 12 months that they give you, you can choose a fixed interest rate, & then you can just pay it back over time.  i also understand that the doctors usually work with you to get you the best repayment plan that works for you.
Message 13 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Laz98!

I appreciate your prompt response. Now I need to find a DC for here so I can pull my score and see if I've regained any points lost for new installment loan in April...Have a good night!

Message 14 of 69
score_building
Senior Contributor

@laz98 wrote:
yes, they send you a card.  i haven't used mine, but it's my understanding that it's usually 0% interest for X number of months.  the amount of time you have to pay the balance back depends on how much you are charging.  from what i understand, if you don't think you will pay it back in say, 12 months that they give you, you can choose a fixed interest rate, & then you can just pay it back over time.  i also understand that the doctors usually work with you to get you the best repayment plan that works for you.

subjects you to potential account closure if protracted non use.  unfortunately i needed to use mine recently for a HUGE vet bill but have previously dreamed up ways to keep it in play while not in use for long periods.  i even got my teeth bleached on it once as a treat (and for a call back for a commercial) just to keep those camrys rollin' Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 69
laz98
Senior Contributor

well, i just got it in october.  i'm still trying to find where it will be cheapest to get my braces.
Message 16 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently I messed the application up on the phone and they are unable to process my application and I will get something in the mail in 7 - 10 days. I think I messed up when entering the income info but not sure. The online application process is down probably due to the Windows IE mess. Anyhow, the kids dental appointment is Dec 23rd so I don't have 7 - 10 days.... Anyone have a back door number where you can speak to a human?

I seriously doubt I was denied so I know I made an error when entering info... My EQ is 776, no lates, no baddies no inquiries.

Message 17 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have to say that I'm floored and speechless.... I finally got a human on the phone about my application and I did make a mistake with the app by phone on the income somehow it came up that I entered 168K annual. I told her that would be very nice however it was incorrect and it should be 140k annual. My EQ score is 776 no blemishes on CR's 8 yr average history never a late payment and she said I wasn't approved. I really don't know what to think and can't wait to get that letter in the mail to see exactly what it says. I asked to speak to someone in their recon dept because I just couldn't see why I would be denied she said she handled that as well. I said ok apparently care credit doesn't want good paying customers so have a good night.
Message 18 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kay82 wrote:
cool beans!!! I want to apply with them for a procedure I need  but dont want to be denied & waste an inquiry, as I will be needing a decent CL like yours, I hear the approval rate is higher if the doctor calls for you or should I apply myself via their website, or do you think it matters?

That is incorrect. When I called to find out how I had mess my application up and found out I was denied I ask if I needed my care provider to call she said no it wouldn't change the outcome. 

Message 19 of 69
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I have to say that I'm floored and speechless.... I finally got a human on the phone about my application and I did make a mistake with the app by phone on the income somehow it came up that I entered 168K annual. I told her that would be very nice however it was incorrect and it should be 140k annual. My EQ score is 776 no blemishes on CR's 8 yr average history never a late payment and she said I wasn't approved. I really don't know what to think and can't wait to get that letter in the mail to see exactly what it says. I asked to speak to someone in their recon dept because I just couldn't see why I would be denied she said she handled that as well. I said ok apparently care credit doesn't want good paying customers so have a good night.

wow, i am so sorry!  i can't believe they didn't approve you!  with a clean report!  geez, what do they want!

Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.