Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit?

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I have to say that I'm floored and speechless.... I finally got a human on the phone about my application and I did make a mistake with the app by phone on the income somehow it came up that I entered 168K annual. I told her that would be very nice however it was incorrect and it should be 140k annual. My EQ score is 776 no blemishes on CR's 8 yr average history never a late payment and she said I wasn't approved. I really don't know what to think and can't wait to get that letter in the mail to see exactly what it says. I asked to speak to someone in their recon dept because I just couldn't see why I would be denied she said she handled that as well. I said ok apparently care credit doesn't want good paying customers so have a good night.

wow, i am so sorry!  i can't believe they didn't approve you!  with a clean report!  geez, what do they want!

Even with the current market condition I'm still finding it hard to believe....Umm  maybe they want my blood or perhaps they want a loan from me???

Message 21 of 69
kay82
Regular Contributor

No freakin way Bran are you serious ?!!!!! That is crazy Im sorry to hear that I truly am that is the craziest thing Ive seen on the boards yet, Im definitely not going to waste an inquiry now sheesh, because my score is nowhere near yours nor is my report clean but wow.

However I did call them yesterday  as I found my denial letter from them when I applied back in mar. and my reason for denial was high utilization and too many bank/revolving accounts but the issue that I tried to explain to the CSR was that I only had 2 accounts a Mervyns which was a 0 balance because I didnt even know it was still open, & a lousy secured card with a 300 limit and a bal of 150 so what were they talking about?

The CSR explained she wasnt sure but told me that because of the recession & credit crunch in recent months they're really slowing down and seriously cutting CL's she stated that it was just a bad time for credit period, however denying someone with that high of a score & a clean report has me floored at this point!

12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 22 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and IMO they need to include a message on the website & phone app stating due to the current market we are NOT accepting applications at this time! I could accept an explanation like that but a.....you'll get a letter in 7-10 days and were being more cautious of approving apps right now. Hello lady........ what exaclty are they approving is what I'd like to know? They can't say income,low scores, no credit history, not long enough history, and I seriously doubt they could say high uti because I'm reporting at 10% and thats without a payment of $500 reporting on WF which will report at statement close out in a few days that will be reported to CB's. Or too many accounts because I have Lowes,WF & JCP in revolving accounts. I dunno...I just don't get it. At least with a message stating they are NOT accepting apps a consumer wouldn't get hit with a HP and lose points.
Message 23 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 24 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I have to say that I'm floored and speechless.... I finally got a human on the phone about my application and I did make a mistake with the app by phone on the income somehow it came up that I entered 168K annual. I told her that would be very nice however it was incorrect and it should be 140k annual. My EQ score is 776 no blemishes on CR's 8 yr average history never a late payment and she said I wasn't approved. I really don't know what to think and can't wait to get that letter in the mail to see exactly what it says. I asked to speak to someone in their recon dept because I just couldn't see why I would be denied she said she handled that as well. I said ok apparently care credit doesn't want good paying customers so have a good night.

Me too. I couldn't talk for a minute in the doctors office. I was speachless. My story from a post O created before I knew this thread existed:

>I'm getting dentures. I had absolutely every reason to expect to be aproved by CareCredit for the $6K needed for the process. I haven't apped for anything for 6 months. I have zero balances on any of my credit cards. I have a $4500 GEMB credit limit already with NO balance. GEMB/Carecredit would not pick me up. They would not let me transfer CL from my Ritz Camera to a CareCredit account. My FICO scores are all about 700. NOBODY gets turned down for CareCredit. Can anybody explain this thing?

Message 25 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too. I couldn't talk for a minute in the doctors office. I was speachless. My story from a post O created before I knew this thread existed:

>I'm getting dentures. I had absolutely every reason to expect to be aproved by CareCredit for the $6K needed for the process. I haven't apped for anything for 6 months. I have zero balances on any of my credit cards. I have a $4500 GEMB credit limit already with NO balance. GEMB/Carecredit would not pick me up. They would not let me transfer CL from my Ritz Camera to a CareCredit account. My FICO scores are all about 700. NOBODY gets turned down for CareCredit. Can anybody explain this thing?

I app'd from home on the phone since the website was down for 5K and was denied. It took me forever to get a human on the phone and I told her I must have entered something incorrectly because I haven't ever been denied credit. Yes... shocked was an understatement! I posted the letter I got on another thread, that letter as a bunch of BS because I have never had a late payment on any account. My WF card I missed the payment by one day a few months ago, however that never posted and WF refunded the $39 late fee. All other accounts are paid as agreed (most of the time early before statement cuts) my oldest account was 8 yrs 8 months not great I know but not bad either, I didn't have any use on my JCP/GEMB card since 2007 so I guess I was dinged on that too but I also have a Lowes CC/GEMB with 10K & $1625 balance. I'm waiting for the copy of my report from EQ now so I can compare it to what I pulled from here, should be any difference but who knows. Then I'm going to call Care Credit back go over my report with a supervisor and if they still don't want to extend credit then fine... but with my score and history I'm going to request that they withdrawl the inquiry so I won't be dinged for the hard pull.... all they can do is tell me no again! They can't come through the phone line and bite me LOL

Message 26 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online 2 weeks ago for 1k and was denied immediately.  GEMB closed my Lenscrafters card recently but the worst thing on my report is a lot of new accounts.  They pulled Equifax

I applied for Chase Health Advance right after the Care Credit rejection and was instantly approved for

$12,000!  They pulled Experian.

My scores are in the 680 range.

Message 27 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied online 2 weeks ago for 1k and was denied immediately.  GEMB closed my Lenscrafters card recently but the worst thing on my report is a lot of new accounts.  They pulled Equifax

I applied for Chase Health Advance right after the Care Credit rejection and was instantly approved for

$12,000!  They pulled Experian.

My scores are in the 680 range.

Thanks for the post, I've never heard of the Chase Health Advance and I'll see what info I can find on it. Does it have the 0% interest offers over a 3-12 month period of time like care credit?

Message 28 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the 1k, I got 12 months no interest.  They offered up to 24 months depending on your balance.  Check with your Dr's office first, to get to the application you have to go through this screen:

Please note that we can only accept credit applications from patients who have already consulted with a participating practice. To start the online application process, simply enter the Merchant ID or ChaseHealthAdvance ID of your doctor.

http://www.chasehealthadvance.com/patient/apply.asp

I hope it's ok to post the url! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I found this info on the website. They don't have a link to see if your health care providor is on their list of merchants and my dentist office is closed until Monday. Is this credit line in the form of a credit card? Too be honest I'm wary of app'ing for anything right now!
Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.