Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit MC

tag
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Care credit MC

Is this a new thing or am I just blind? Probably for the best I grabbed the store card version considering my Venmo card experience 😂. 

Message 11 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Duriel wrote:

Is this a new thing or am I just blind? Probably for the best I grabbed the store card version considering my Venmo card experience 😂. 

You can't directly apply for the MC version, but from time-to-time they offer upgrades. 

Nobody has been able to figure out what prompts the offer, though.  It's thought that geography might (???) come into play, but we don't know that for sure, either.

Message 12 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Duriel wrote:

Upgrades are targetted and offered to select customers. No rhyme or reason for when/who receives them.  It appears that there's been a sprinkle of members who have reported some MC upgrades recently, but it's not a new thing. As an aside, one cannot apply for the MC directly.

Message 13 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity 

We live Virginia.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 14 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Care credit MC update

CSR was wrong  there's a surprise 🙄My account appeared this morning and I deleted the old one .

Of course now I am curious if this card's limit will be able to go higher than the capped out amount of 20K??

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Yippee Sistah!  Synch still luvs ya.....luvs playing with your headSmiley LOL  Naw jk @Jnbmom and Congrats!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 19
delaney1
Established Contributor

Congrats on your upgrade. I was surprised to find the upgraded card in the mail a few days ago. The paperwork says I have til March to accept the upgrade. I haven't decided yet if I'll take it or not. I really hate that's it's a completely new tradeline.

@CreditCuriosityfor data points, I'm in Florida.

Message 17 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

If you "READ" from this post down, things might be changing about "Reporting as a new acct." .. YMMV

Message 18 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

CSR was wrong  there's a surprise 🙄My account appeared this morning and I deleted the old one .

Of course now I am curious if this card's limit will be able to go higher than the capped out amount of 20K??

It could, just have to give it time and use it frequently. I wouldn't poke the you-know-who for a while if you feel $20K is adequate, unless anything comes up that may require some higher than normal usage. Of course, anything higher than $20K just call the Credit Solutions folks for the CLI.  Show them what sistah can do with that card 😜

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.