Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit odds of approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care credit odds of approval?

I've gotta get dental work done and the dentist office suggested I get carecredit since they don't do payment plans. Insurance gonna cover ABOUT half so I'm likely gonna need a $1k limit at least. Never had a cc just my car financed. TU 629 EQ 621 on CK.
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care credit odds of approval?

I was just approved for 5K with a 665 TU. Good Luck!

@Anonymous wrote:
I've gotta get dental work done and the dentist office suggested I get carecredit since they don't do payment plans. Insurance gonna cover ABOUT half so I'm likely gonna need a $1k limit at least. Never had a cc just my car financed. TU 629 EQ 621 on CK.

Message 2 of 22
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Do you happen to know your actual FICO score for TU?? 

I got Care Credit last March with a TU of about 630 for $500. 

2 months ago my TU hit 697 and I got bumped to $7k. So it helps to know your actual. e.g. my Credit Karma TU is 663 but actual is about 690.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't actually know my fico score.. Should probably look into that, I've heard a lot that ck is lower than real score.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK's can often be 30-50 points lower than real FICO scores.  But with just an auto loan in the equation they may be more accurate than otherwise, not sure.  Creditchecktotal offers FICO scores for a $1 seven day trial and their site is awesome.  Though CareCredit is generally easy, creditboards database shows approvals down to 608 Fico.

Message 5 of 22
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CK's can often be 30-50 points lower than real FICO scores.  But with just an auto loan in the equation they may be more accurate than otherwise, not sure.  Creditchecktotal offers FICO scores for a $1 seven day trial and their site is awesome.  Though CareCredit is generally easy, creditboards database shows approvals down to 608 Fico.

+1 If you get a CCT trial say, today, you'll get all 3 bureau reports plus scores. In 7 days you can update and get them all refreshed, and then cancel. 

I've done this every month for a year now. LOL. They don't charge on day 7. It's more like day 10 (they tell you the date your card will be charged).

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried to do that earlier today, it said there was a technical issue. I'll check back again
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I've found out that I only had to pay about 300 for my procedure. Applied this morning for 500 and got approved for 800. Very happy.
Message 8 of 22
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Update: I've found out that I only had to pay about 300 for my procedure. Applied this morning for 500 and got approved for 800. Very happy.

Fantastic!! Congrats on your approval.  Having to pay less is always a welcome relief!  

Take care of CareCredit and it will grow like a weed!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 9 of 22
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you applied for the card, were you allowed to request the credit limit that you wanted? I got my card at the dentist's office. The office manager did the grunt work, and I walked out of there with a card that was 95% maxed out. I've been blaming Synchrony. But if requesting a limit is an option, the maxed out card may have been the fault of the dentist office.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.