Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit

tag
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Care credit

So we just found out from the vet our dog tore his ACL and requires surgery which will cost around $3k. They suggested applying for a Care Credit card but I'm not sure that is the best option and wanted to get some feedback on my options.

First off I can get a 0% offer using Care credit which is nice but it's backed by Synchrony...

Next option is putting it on one of my higher limit cards and either paying it off quickly or possibly opening a new BT card and transferring it over.  My thinking is if I have to open a new card I'd rather it be something I will get use out of..  Thoughts? Suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Care credit

I like the second option over care credit. JMO

Message 2 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Something else to consider, American Kennel Club. Comenity backed.

https://www.apps.akc.org/general/visa/

ETA. I don't see any 0% promos.

Message 3 of 7
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I got my Care Credit card back in 2015 and for me, it was a great decision. As long as medical/vet purchases are over $299 you get 0% for 6, 12, 18 months. If you decide on a new card, keep in mind that most cards charge a balance transfer fee of 3%-5%. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to make the same decision recently, but with higher costs. I ended up choosing to open a new 0% card and get the CareCredit. Plan is to put as much on the new CFU and then put the rest on the CareCredit. 

Have you considered opening a rewards card with a long intro APR period? 

Message 5 of 7
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I think what I'm going to do is put it on one of my existing cards. Does anyone think there would be an issue putting it on my CapOne Savor card in light of the recent problems with them CLDing people? 
 I don't want to stir them up unnecessarily 

Message 6 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Rogue46 wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I think what I'm going to do is put it on one of my existing cards. Does anyone think there would be an issue putting it on my CapOne Savor card in light of the recent problems with them CLDing people? 
 I don't want to stir them up unnecessarily 

I don't think so. If anything, that should help PREVENT a CLD because you're actually using it. People are getting CLD'd because they have little to no spend on their high limit cards.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.