CareCredit Approved

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: CareCredit Approved

@LS2982 wrote:

@jwduke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for carecredit i put 1500.00 and was instantly approved but I wanted more, can anyone tell me how do I go aboput asking for a credit line increase, I need about 3500 more, do you think they will approve me?

Thanks

The service provider (Doctor, Dentist, etc.) can usually get you a overide for a credit increase. Becareful, as this is a GE Money Bank card, and 1 30 day late will put you in loan shark territory!

+1

Did you have a 30 day late with them jwduke?

Please explain loan shark territory. .. Thanks!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know what there talking about but i read that even one late payment with them they jack up the interest rate and no more 18 months no interest
Message 12 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I heard that too, I'm very careful with this account!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I dont know what there talking about but i read that even one late payment with them they jack up the interest rate and no more 18 months no interest

Here are two separate notices from my CareCredit statement:

* Late Payment Warning: If we do not receive your TotalMinimum Payment Due by the Payment Due Date listed above, you may have to pay a late fee up to $35.00 and your APRs may be increased to the Penalty APR of up to 29.990%.

* This notice is to let you know about promotional financing plans that may be available for you when you use your card for future purchases. This is only a summary of key terms. Additional details of promotional financing plans will be provided to you at the time of your transaction. Not all plans or all plan periods will be available at every CareCredit provider. For purposes of this notification, your Purchase Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") is 26.99%. You can determine if this APR is variable by looking at the Interest Charge Calculation section of this billing statement. If the APR is variable, this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Subject to credit approval. Regular account terms apply to non-promotional purchases and, after promotion ends, to promotional purchase. If account becomes 60 days past due, promo may be terminated early and regular account terms will apply.

Message 14 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good info. MMV! 60 days late is when they cancel the promo. financing.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here are two separate notices from my CareCredit statement:

* Late Payment Warning: If we do not receive your TotalMinimum Payment Due by the Payment Due Date listed above, you may have to pay a late fee up to $35.00 and your APRs may be increased to the Penalty APR of up to 29.990%.

* This notice is to let you know about promotional financing plans that may be available for you when you use your card for future purchases. This is only a summary of key terms. Additional details of promotional financing plans will be provided to you at the time of your transaction. Not all plans or all plan periods will be available at every CareCredit provider. For purposes of this notification, your Purchase Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") is 26.99%. You can determine if this APR is variable by looking at the Interest Charge Calculation section of this billing statement. If the APR is variable, this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Subject to credit approval. Regular account terms apply to non-promotional purchases and, after promotion ends, to promotional purchase. If account becomes 60 days past due, promo may be terminated early and regular account terms will apply.

I had the unfortunate incident of putting in the wrong checking account information when I paid my CareCredit bill online for the very first time. The payment was returned and CareCredit didn't let me know. I logged on two days after the payment due date and realized what had happened. I was very freaked out, worried about my credit report and the fact that I had just put $2100 on that card.

They were very nice, waived the late fee and told me that I had to be 60 days late to lose my promotional APR (0%)

Phew...I now obsessively check to make sure my payment has been deducted from my bank account and reflected on the CC company account summary page.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 16 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daisy Thats great they worked with you!! I watch all my payments and accounts like a hawk for fear of something like that!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 21
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yep, it would hit the pocketbook hard if you missed a CC credit (or 2!!).  But I still really appreciate them bc they usually give a pretty good length of time to pay things off.  I've had them a while now and they are my fav cc.  It's my pug's credit card  Smiley Happy

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 18 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yup this is my 3 cats CC! and i got monthly charges for it for claw trimming!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Haha..mine too. I'm putting my dogs heartworm preventative on it this week. I get enough for a couple of months and I get six months interest free to pay it back. Pretty sweet!!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.