Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit MasterCard Mobile Payment Promo

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: CareCredit MasterCard Mobile Payment Promo

So how does the Carecredit card work when it becomes an MC? Thought it was still limited to health/pharmacy expenses 

Message 11 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 12 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:

So how does the Carecredit card work when it becomes an MC? Thought it was still limited to health/pharmacy expenses 

Once it becomes a MasterCard there are no restrictions on what can be purchased.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Whaaaat?

You still get the promotional offer of IIRC 0% financing for 24 months, good ANYWHERE? 

Like the NFCU shennanigans that I was thinking of playing and refinancing my auto/mortgage debt with BT's: you can do something similar with anything that accepts a swipe with this card?!?

That's insane.  I was always kicking around picking up the CareCredit in the future because it's not like health care is getting any cheaper and more financing options more better, but if that's how this card works will go pick up the retail version and just join the upgrade hopeful crowd.

        
Message 14 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Revelate wrote:

Whaaaat?

You still get the promotional offer of IIRC 0% financing for 24 months, good ANYWHERE? 

Like the NFCU shennanigans that I was thinking of playing and refinancing my auto/mortgage debt with BT's: you can do something similar with anything that accepts a swipe with this card?!?

That's insane.  I was always kicking around picking up the CareCredit in the future because it's not like health care is getting any cheaper and more financing options more better, but if that's how this card works will go pick up the retail version and just join the upgrade hopeful crowd.

Unless there's a MasterCard-specific promo related to financing, all the 0% offers are only for charges made at CareCredit providers using their provider portal or terminal.

The way it works (at least at my dentist) is they run purchases through a web portal (not the usual CC terminal) and from there they are able to provide the promo options (duration, etc.).  The few times I've used it for dental work there have always been two or three different options to choose from (offers can vary from provider to provider).

I still have no idea why I got targeted for the upgrade, but I continue to be pleased with the decision to follow through with it (there was some hesitation).  Last year alone I earn around $100 in cash rewards for doing very little, and of course it's an easy way to keep the account 'alive' in case I break another tooth and need to get a crown at moment's notice. Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I still have no idea why I got targeted for the upgrade, 

How many Synch accts. do you have; and which came first....the chicken or the egg?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I still have no idea why I got targeted for the upgrade, 

How many Synch accts. do you have; and which came first....the chicken or the egg?

I have four; two are old - Lowe's and Belk - and two were both opened in August 2015 - Sam's Club MC and CareCredit.

I got the offer for the upgrade in June 2018, thread is here:   https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CareCredit-MasterCard-Upgrade/td-p/5270093 

Message 17 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I got the offer for the upgrade in June 2018, thread is here:   https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CareCredit-MasterCard-Upgrade/td-p/5270093 

Thanks, read the thread....so jealousSmiley Tongue  So you and a couple others have the card.  You got the offer and a cli, pretty tight.  I'm using my card at Walmart, online medical, Walgreens and I'm hoping for an invite too.  Funny how you were "Meh" about it at first.Smiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 18 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Whaaaat?

Unless there's a MasterCard-specific promo related to financing, all the 0% offers are only for charges made at CareCredit providers using their provider portal or terminal.

The way it works (at least at my dentist) is they run purchases through a web portal (not the usual CC terminal) and from there they are able to provide the promo options (duration, etc.).  The few times I've used it for dental work there have always been two or three different options to choose from (offers can vary from provider to provider).

I still have no idea why I got targeted for the upgrade, but I continue to be pleased with the decision to follow through with it (there was some hesitation).  Last year alone I earn around $100 in cash rewards for doing very little, and of course it's an easy way to keep the account 'alive' in case I break another tooth and need to get a crown at moment's notice. Smiley Frustrated

Ah thanks bud.  Just useful as I age then but not godlike.

Be interesting if this expands to cover more elective things if it doesn't already.

        
Message 19 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

Funny how you were "Meh" about it at first.Smiley Very Happy

LOL... I know, right?

At the time I was trying hard to get under 5/24 (as well as maximize my AAoA) so the timing for a new account 'ding' wasn't optimal, but I'm now glad I decided to go with it. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.