Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit and AU's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit and AU's

How long does CareCredit take to report AU's? Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm trying to get approved for a home loan and need 9 points in 2 weeks! Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Re: CareCredit and AU's

If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about getting added as an AU on the CareCredit account?  I have set one up for my son and have looked and cannot find any info of how to go about being added as an AU as I am hoping that it will possibly give me a better chance of getting in with GE.

Thanks

And still rebuilding

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was added to my Mothers CareCredit account two days ago...It was fairly simple. I called them and asked several questions, then they needed to speak with her and she needed to tell them my SSN and DOB and just like that it was done. They said that they report at the end of every month but I am still questioning how long until it shows up on my CR's.

Message 3 of 11
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Great - thanks for the info - Hopefully he will be in this evening and maybe we can start from there

Just rebuilding

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750

http:
Message 4 of 11
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

Odd. My wife got the CC card about 3-4 years ago. At the time I asked if I could be added as an AU, and they told me they don't allow that. I'd have to apply separately for my own card.

Message 5 of 11
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Well here's hoping that they do permit it - fingers crossed

K

http:
Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They offer both AU and Joint to be added after an account is open.

Last time I checked you can do at least AU online if not both AU and Joint.

AU will report to credit report but you are not responsible for account and joint of course will report AND you are responsible.

Message 7 of 11
jk26978
Regular Contributor

I have checked there and cannot find a link or anything - and for the "contact us" it just list actual phone numbers to call - not even an instant chat function showing

Should be able to find out something by this time next week.

Thanks again - with it showing on the CR hopefully that will help with other creditors in the near future.  Would really like to close the Household Bank card since they decreased my limit due to inactivity and then told me to use it for the next few months and would be reviewed at the 6 mos time frame as a SP and still nothing...the 6 mos was up last month so thought that I would give them till the end of this month (June) to see what they were going to do - nothing yet and it's kind of hard to use a card with only a $305.00 limit (was $2,000.00) oh well....

Thanks and still rebuilding - not stopping to I get there

K

http:
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh sorry, I had not logged in since GE rolled out this new online experience... The links or buttons that use to be online to do such things like add AU are gone!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is second hand information but a friend of mine said that she was placed on her moms account and it reported at the next statement cut.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.