Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit approved $7000 w/ EQ 665, 2 CA's, 5 PR's and only 2 AU accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit approved $7000 w/ EQ 665, 2 CA's, 5 PR's and only 2 AU accounts

FYI to all needing CareCredit.

My EQ FICO is 665.  I have 2 CA's, 1 old & paid.  1 old in dispute.  I also have 5 Public Record Federal Tax liens, unpaid and unresolved (long story).

My only positive TL's are 2 AU accounts for BoA.  One is $12,000 CL with $5200 balance.  The other is $10,000 BoA with $0 balance.  Both are 3.5 years old, no lates, perfect history.

Anyway, having some tooth pain & problems.  I went to the dentist and needed a lot of work.  So my son, being concerned, helped me apply for CareCredit (not as co-signer) with $5,500 as my initial estimated purchase amount.

I did not get instant approval, got the "needs to be reviewed" message.  Of course I figured this was code word for "denied" but we'll make you wait for it.

About 45 minutes later I got a CSR call who asked me a whole bunch of personal identity questions like, "which addresses do I know or have association" and also asked me "do you know the following person" and then would ask me what their approximate age or the month they were born, etc.   These were family members, 2 kids and 1 daughter inlaw.

Anyway, after about 10 minutes (the CSR had a heavy foreign accent so it was very difficult for me to understand at times), she finally said, "congratulations, you have been approved for a new account with an available credit limit of $5,500."

Well, I found out from the dentist that the work is more extensive than originally  anticipated.  So my son told me we should ask for a CLI.  So this morning I called in and explained that I needed $1500 more credit and that the dentist had agreed to 24 months no interest.  I was transferred to a credit analyst. 

After about 3-4 minutes the credit analyst said, Mr. OnTheRoad, I have adjusted your credit limit to $7,000.  Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

Nope...thanks alot.  So now I get to get all my work done, interest free for 24 months. 

So I would say CareCredit is in the mood to lend again.

Hope this helps someone else like me Smiley Happy

Message Edited by OnTheRoad on 09-11-2009 12:57 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: CareCredit approved $7k with very shaky credit

Congrats! Did you apply online or in the dental office?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online.

But I did apply under the Dentist ID.  I did the search on carecredit.com till I found their office, then I clicked APPLY from the dentist listing.

Message 3 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Great Job!

Nothing is better than finding a way to pay for needed dental work! Nothing is worse than need it and have no way to pay for it!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I recently obtained a new CareCredit account.  They gave me $12k initially, then I asked for CLI the next day and got $14k.

And now that they offer up to 24 month no interest plans, this account has come in handy.  DW had some major dental that we were happy to do interest free.

For those who can't get CareCredit, they can try ChaseHealthAvance.com as an alternative.

Message 5 of 8
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: CareCredit approved $7000 w/ EQ 665, 2 CA's, 5 PR's and only 2 AU accounts

Yeah, I just ask them to increase my limit by $4K, and approved instantly.

Cory

Message 6 of 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

My son just got CareCredit this morning for his dental work.  He was approved for $2900. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My younger brother (senior in college) was approved $5200 CareCredit yesterday for dental work.

He was also approved for $5000 with Chase Health Advance (he applied both, since CareCredit wasn't an instant approve.  They called and asked ID verify questions after he applied online).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.