Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit now accepted at Rite-Aid

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

CareCredit now accepted at Rite-Aid

I just received this bit of info from CareCredit via email...

carecredit.png

The fine-print states that promo financing isn't available, so of course anybody taking advantage of this will want to PIF.  That being said, making a small Rite-Aid purchase could be an excellent way to keep the account active between major purchases!  Smiley Wink

(The button in the above pic doesn't work, but on the CareCredit site Rite-Aid locations are now returned with search results)

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CareCredit now accepted at Rite-Aid

@UncleB wrote:

I just received this bit of info from CareCredit via email...

carecredit.png

The fine-print states that promo financing isn't available, so of course anybody taking advantage of this will want to PIF.  That being said, making a small Rite-Aid purchase could be an excellent way to keep the account active between major purchases!  Smiley Wink

(The button in the above pic doesn't work, but on the CareCredit site Rite-Aid locations are now returned with search results)

This is great news although Rite  Aid isn't a very big chain at least where I live, but do have one right down the street from work and will stop in there every few months and grab something small to keep them happy and then pay it off.

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW.  Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well now since Walgreens is buying them out I wonder if WG is going to start accepting this card. Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 36
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

A:

The CareCredit card is accepted only at select Rite Aid pharmacy stores in the states of New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland. While CareCredit is accepted at over 175,000 health care providers nationwide, the company is still working on expanding its network of pharmacies that accept the CareCredit card."

Not sure where OP is or if this has been expanded to nationwide.

Message 5 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

A:

The CareCredit card is accepted only at select Rite Aid pharmacy stores in the states of New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland. While CareCredit is accepted at over 175,000 health care providers nationwide, the company is still working on expanding its network of pharmacies that accept the CareCredit card."

Not sure where OP is or if this has been expanded to nationwide.

The website returns stores in Georgia, Alabama, New Jersey, and Lousiana when I do a search based on ZIP codes for those states and specify 'Pharmacy' - I doubt they would return these results (or send me the email - I'm not in the NE) if it wasn't active for stores nation-wide. 

I don't have ZIP codes to try any other states, but you can try yourself on their website - if you get different results, please let us know!

http://www.carecredit.com/doctor-locator/results/Retail-Pharmacy-Any-Specialty/?Profession=115

Message 6 of 36
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Every Rite-Aid near me came up.   I'm in CA.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 36
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Also curious about the WG, there everywhere here..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 8 of 36
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Well now since Walgreens is buying them out I wonder if WG is going to start accepting this card. Thanks for the info

Unless the FTC doesn't approve it.   That would essentially create a duopoly of national drug stores.  If it is approved, I was also wondering what would become of the JCP's card acceptance.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Unless the FTC doesn't approve it.   That would essentially create a duopoly of national drug stores.  If it is approved, I was also wondering what would become of the JCP's card acceptance.  

This is actually the first thing that came to mind for me... great minds think alike!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.