cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carecredit / Synchrony Bank Closed My $7000 line today with 0 balance Owed - Can I reopen or appeal?

tag
Hutchman92
Valued Member

Carecredit / Synchrony Bank Closed My $7000 line today with 0 balance Owed - Can I reopen or appeal?

Hello, so I've been with carecredit on behalf of synchrony bank for about 2-1/2 years now. I also have an amazon account from synchrony as well I've had for one year. Yesterday I went to check on an old statement and realized they closed the account. This account started in 11/2019 at $3500 which I used for my lasik that year then in 10/2021 I asked for increase and they double limit. I hadn't used much except for $500 here or there but always paid off. Amazon account started at $1300 05/2021 then 10/2021 I asked for increase and they went to $3500 but last month reduced it to $2900. 

For the last couple of months, about 3, I've been running pretty high balances on all credit cards. I've bought some stupid purchases and been helping out my family with bills also that has amounted to quite a bit. Starting friday I'll be paying down the $14k agressivley. My take home is about $7500-8k a month and I will be putting at least 5-6k on debt so it'll be paid off within a couple months. Also, about $1000 are in returns from amazon so that'll help and I have about $1000 in fraud charges that I'll dispute this week so that'll knock it down as well.

I also just within a couple weeks had 4 bloody colletion accounts hit. I was doing so good and my $250 portfolio recovery was due to fall of next month and a couple other baddies fell off or will in next month and all of a sudden I get hit with two BS phony Collections that keep reoccuring then disappearing after dispute just to show up again accounts from MBA LAW for less than $200 each for medical bills. Then one from Debt Recovery Solutions for $1873 medical bill and a $93 fair collections & out from invitation homes from 2017 when i've lived in same condo since 2016. 

Now I have capio partners calling then I ask to send to mail and she says they have to verify info first and asked if this was my first and last name then i said yes and she said is this correct address and then spit out an address in a state i haven't lived in for a decade, and I just said please send it to me and hung up. I wasn't going to let them know they had the wrong info because it's likely my dads account which has same name as me. 

What should I do? Is it possible to email someone to find out exactly why they closed it other than random credit decision? I am disputing those collections and believe I will get most off so in last couple months I went from 700s to now low 500 off of those collections and high utlizatoin. I'll have it all taken care of in couple months but losing a 7k revolving account is going to hurt me too because my total credit is only like 15-16k now after the loss of 7k account which will put me at 90% utilizatoin.

Is it possible to reach out to CEO of synchrony bank and explain situation. Maybe tell him the collections are being disputed and they are not mine or my fathers with same name? Or just honestly say they're from boating accident two years ago and the insurance was suppose to take care of them but somehow they were missed and I'm sorting it out and the revolving balances will be paid down very soon. Is it possible to reopen? It horrible how one little yellow snowball becomes an availance of yellwo snow and I feel like I've lost years of progress in the matter of weeks. 

Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you. 

11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Carecredit / Synchrony Bank Closed My $7000 line today with 0 balance Owed - Can I reopen or app

@Hutchman92 wrote:

Hello, so I've been with carecredit on behalf of synchrony bank for about 2-1/2 years now. I also have an amazon account from synchrony as well I've had for one year. Yesterday I went to check on an old statement and realized they closed the account. This account started in 11/2019 at $3500 which I used for my lasik that year then in 10/2021 I asked for increase and they double limit. I hadn't used much except for $500 here or there but always paid off. Amazon account started at $1300 05/2021 then 10/2021 I asked for increase and they went to $3500 but last month reduced it to $2900. 

For the last couple of months, about 3, I've been running pretty high balances on all credit cards. I've bought some stupid purchases and been helping out my family with bills also that has amounted to quite a bit. Starting friday I'll be paying down the $14k agressivley. My take home is about $7500-8k a month and I will be putting at least 5-6k on debt so it'll be paid off within a couple months. Also, about $1000 are in returns from amazon so that'll help and I have about $1000 in fraud charges that I'll dispute this week so that'll knock it down as well.

I also just within a couple weeks had 4 bloody colletion accounts hit. I was doing so good and my $250 portfolio recovery was due to fall of next month and a couple other baddies fell off or will in next month and all of a sudden I get hit with two BS phony Collections that keep reoccuring then disappearing after dispute just to show up again accounts from MBA LAW for less than $200 each for medical bills. Then one from Debt Recovery Solutions for $1873 medical bill and a $93 fair collections & out from invitation homes from 2017 when i've lived in same condo since 2016. 

Now I have capio partners calling then I ask to send to mail and she says they have to verify info first and asked if this was my first and last name then i said yes and she said is this correct address and then spit out an address in a state i haven't lived in for a decade, and I just said please send it to me and hung up. I wasn't going to let them know they had the wrong info because it's likely my dads account which has same name as me. 

What should I do? Is it possible to email someone to find out exactly why they closed it other than random credit decision? I am disputing those collections and believe I will get most off so in last couple months I went from 700s to now low 500 off of those collections and high utlizatoin. I'll have it all taken care of in couple months but losing a 7k revolving account is going to hurt me too because my total credit is only like 15-16k now after the loss of 7k account which will put me at 90% utilizatoin.

Is it possible to reach out to CEO of synchrony bank and explain situation. Maybe tell him the collections are being disputed and they are not mine or my fathers with same name? Or just honestly say they're from boating accident two years ago and the insurance was suppose to take care of them but somehow they were missed and I'm sorting it out and the revolving balances will be paid down very soon. Is it possible to reopen? It horrible how one little yellow snowball becomes an availance of yellwo snow and I feel like I've lost years of progress in the matter of weeks. 

Sync has been known to close accounts for other issues also. Sometimes no issues that make sense. With that debt that grew to 14k. Not knowing where yor util % is.They got spooked and closed you down. Seen others with tens of thousands in CL's get the boot. They didnt want to be a part of the rising balances.  Sorry it happened to you. Not much you can do.

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Carecredit / Synchrony Bank Closed My $7000 line today with 0 balance Owed - Can I reopen or app

@Hutchman92 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the CareCredit account closure, especially with the situation you're going through, OP.

Unfortunately, there is no appeal process with SYNCB as they will not reopen the account. Once it is closed, especially given any Adverse Action reason(s), escalating to the EO will be a futile effort as they will stand by the original decision.

Message 3 of 12
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

had the same problem with my synch car care card they closed me for no reason at all and dropped my tj maxx card from a 10thousand limit to 7 thousand i got a hold of the corperate offices and office the president nothing worked at all .   after i bought my house and all my debt got paid i had to apply for the car care card again and got approved . synch just dosent make any sense at all the way they do things .

Message 4 of 12
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Last year, I applied for Care Credit to finance a hefty vet bill at 0%.  Recently, after I paid it off, they sent my wife and I CareCredit Rewards Mastercards (without us asking).  I am not sure I will have much use for it going forward but they are doing 5x points (a point is a penny) on grocery and pet stores for a short intro period (August 2022, I believe) so we are actually using the cards for that.  I don't believe you can apply directly for the CareCredit Rewards MC.      

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ptatohed wrote:

Last year, I applied for Care Credit to finance a hefty vet bill at 0%.  Recently, after I paid it off, they sent my wife and I CareCredit Rewards Mastercards (without us asking).  I am not sure I will have much use for it going forward but they are doing 5x points (a point is a penny) on grocery and pet stores for a short intro period (August 2022, I believe) so we are actually using the cards for that.  I don't believe you can apply directly for the CareCredit Rewards MC.      

Correct, it starts out as a non-MC version. Upgrades to MC are eventually targeted.

Message 6 of 12
Hutchman92
Valued Member

Thank you but yeah it does suck. The thing is too is the collections should've been paid and one or two aren;t even mine so they're being disputed. A portion of that balance im carrying on multiple cards is from fraud, which is being investigated. I feel like they closed me down because of the fraud/identify theft actios yet once that's cleared up in onth or two month there will be serious consequences for losing such a large piece of revolving meat. Any tips? Maybe try to jump on a similar AU account? Economy is headed to recession so i guess this is first sign sychnrony closign accounts. 

@FinStar wrote:

@Hutchman92 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the CareCredit account closure, especially with the situation you're going through, OP.

Unfortunately, there is no appeal process with SYNCB as they will not reopen the account. Once it is closed, especially given any Adverse Action reason(s), escalating to the EO will be a futile effort as they will stand by the original decision.

Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Hutchman92 wrote:

Thank you but yeah it does suck. The thing is too is the collections should've been paid and one or two aren;t even mine so they're being disputed. A portion of that balance im carrying on multiple cards is from fraud, which is being investigated. I feel like they closed me down because of the fraud/identify theft actios yet once that's cleared up in onth or two month there will be serious consequences for losing such a large piece of revolving meat. Any tips? Maybe try to jump on a similar AU account? Economy is headed to recession so i guess this is first sign sychnrony closign accounts. 

My advice is to continue to get the items in question resolved. Once the dust settles (which could take a while), you can explore next steps. And, while it is unfortunate that the account was closed, this is simply a risk mitigation action on their end. Adverse Actions have been going on for quite some time, but by the same token they are still lending and opening new accounts (or increasing limits), albeit more selectively.

On the upside, you can always reapply with SYNCB if you wish to do so; but I would give it after 9 months (or longer), if anything.

Message 8 of 12
rayzah
Established Member

Im glad I found this thread, they closed my account PayPal recently, stating I missed two payments, but here is the thing. The second "missed" payment was because after I submitted my second payment for the month, I was trying to remove the back up funding account so that only paypal credit would be used for transactions. Well that account was the one tied to my payment and that caused the payment to fail. 

First, I had no idea the payment hadnt posted yet, Second if the payment was pending on that account then why would they allow me to remove it?  So after calling PayPal to explain what happened, they told me they would start an investigation to reopen my account and that I needed to wait 30 days. 30 days later I call them and they admit to never sending the request, then told me they would definitly send it this time.. fast forward another 15 days and they told me they refused t reopen the account, I would say thats crazy but after reading about so many people saying their accounts were closed for not carrying atleast a 30% balance or for no reason at all, I guess this is how they move.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 581
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Hutchman92 wrote:

In all honesty, I don't think any amount of reaching out to people is going to help with this mess. My advice would be to put your head down, start paying off things, keep your utilization low, and stop initiating contact with the lender.  And if phone calls are made to you by the lender, you should give truthful information and not hang up on them. And if there are "fraud charges" you should dispute them instantly, not sit on them.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.