Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Back Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash Back Credit Cards

What are the best deals right now for spending $500 in the first 3 months and receiving the bonus? Also, how do you guys maximize the cash back after the inital 90 day promo ? I saw some people had on their signatures they made almost $13,000 with their cash back credit card??? HOW!!!!

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash Back Credit Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

What are the best deals right now for spending $500 in the first 3 months and receiving the bonus? Also, how do you guys maximize the cash back after the inital 90 day promo ? I saw some people had on their signatures they made almost $13,000 with their cash back credit card??? HOW!!!!

Thank you.

Uhh who's signature has how much cash back they made?.... Don't think I've seen that ever on ficoforums.

CL = credit limit

AARP $200 for $500 is the best imo. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most cash back cards seem to require a $1,000- $3,000 spend in the first 90 days in order to gain a signup bonus. 

In terms of ongoing cash back, some helpful cards are:

Citi Double Cash for general cash back usage -2% cash back on all purchases

Amex BCP - 6% cash back on groceries, 3% cash back on retail purchases

Sam's Club Mastercard- 5% cash back on gas

Discover-helpful for 5% rotating categories, but again it depends if you use those particular categories

Quicksilver Visa -  solid general cash back card for 1.5% cash back. No minimum redemption amount required ( you can redeem $1 or $10, while other cards may require a minimum threshold (i.e, $25) for you to utilize cash back)

It really depends on what your needs are and what you would actually qualify for in terms of your credit profile. There is no "one size fits all" cash back card that we can tell you about without knowing a bit more about the areas you would find helpful or categories that you use often. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done the quicsilver ones a bunch of times. Which cards have the $200 cash back?  I havent found one in a while....

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Humuhuk, how did you get 214k credit in cc's? Total? WOW!!!!

Message 5 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Humuhuk, how did you get 214k credit in cc's? Total? WOW!!!!

Income.  And she knows how to use it.  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 13
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

BBVA Compass NBA card is currently offering $200 when you spend $1000 in first 90 days.

https://www.bbvacompass.com/nbacard/

Chase Freedom currently offering $150 when you spend $500 in first 3 months.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-freedom.aspx?CELL=6RRW&HT5N=VK0WN8

Generally the better sign up bonuses will require a higher spend than $500

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Uhh who's signature has how much cash back they made?.... Don't think I've seen that ever on ficoforums.

CL = credit limit

AARP $200 for $500 is the best imo. 

Right, the figures that some put in their sig tend to be current credit limit.   There are often threads asking how much cash back you made this year but on this forum you are unlikely to see $13K cashback on one card openly discussed, as that sort of amount almost always requires manufactured spending (or huge generally business-reimbursed expenses)

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Is their a section on the forums or a specific thread that discusses cash back promos?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

read the chart in my signature.  plan for the long term vs sign on bonus.

you could combine apps for freedom and aarp under 1 inquiry, netting $350 after 1k spend.

Check for targeted offers on the amex BCE. It goes up to 250, although we were able to phone in and get $500 less than 90 days ago but thats over.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.