mo15473
Contributor

Re: Cash Rewards Recon Navy

@Creditaddict wrote:
Scores seem decent.
What other credit cards do you have?
What are the baddies and age of baddies
What are credit balances on cards

I Have 2 credit cards with Navy 1 goRewards and the other a secured nRewards. Would of had 3 if i didnt close the other one. Also have an HSN Credit card that does not get used to often. Has had a 0 balance fot the past 2 months.

TU has 2 CO Both are paid in full but one is showing unpaid and a dispute has been open on it. Also a A paid collection from Midland. Thats about it as fare as baddies. 6 accounts in good standings paid/never late

EQ is the same as TU. But for some reason has a better score. 

EX showes eveything is paid off. Last payment on a baddie was Jan of this Year. 8 accounts in good standings  Paid/Never late

Balances

HSN 0 limit 500

goRewards 957 limit 7500

nRewards 0 limit 1000 (Closed)

nRewards 238 limit 2000

All of which are now paid off in Full since my last CC payment.

Message 12 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh wait you already have a 7500 unsecured and wanted a 2nd unsecured?
That's a different story than sorry to say... Navy has really cracked down on the 2nd card thing... You could simply send message asking to move $1k from current card to open new 2nd unsecured!
Message 13 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

So thats what it is ? That dont want you to have more then 1 unsecured card in a certain amount of time or something or in General ? Why dont they just say that. I know there max is 3 cards but com on lets be up front and honest. if thats the case.

Message 14 of 28
dursty87
Established Contributor

As CA stated I'm sure they will allow you to move some of your CL over. The. You will have the 2 unsecured and they will grow. Good luck!
Message 15 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

I understand that, but it still does not make up for the fact that they advised me to close my accounts and apply for another account. I what have been SOL if I would have closed my other secured account deleting all of that positive history. It's a good thing I decided to open both at the same time and was smart about not closing them both as I was advised to do. I just think as a loyal member who has built history with them that someone from Navy Federal should have been up front about it and gave me the pros and cons. Cons being they were not going to extend any more credit to me. That's all I am saying.
Message 16 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

Re: Cash Rewards Recon Navy/ Approved oh yea

Well I have good news after sending my last message and addressing my concerns.

Navy Federal response

Thank you for your message. We received your inquiry as to why your recent credit card application was not approved. We take our members' concerns seriously, and upon further review, we have decided to reverse our decision. 

Your application is now approved and you should receive your new card(s) within seven to ten days. If we may be of further service, please contact us toll-free at

whohoo I feel a lot better now. Now to the Garden for at least a year.( minimum 9 months) Also had a offer for a LOC sitting in my account.

Message 17 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mo15473 wrote:

Well I have good news after sending my last message and addressing my concerns.

Navy Federal response

Thank you for your message. We received your inquiry as to why your recent credit card application was not approved. We take our members' concerns seriously, and upon further review, we have decided to reverse our decision. 

Your application is now approved and you should receive your new card(s) within seven to ten days. If we may be of further service, please contact us toll-free at

whohoo I feel a lot better now. Now to the Garden for at least a year.( minimum 9 months) Also had a offer for a LOC sitting in my account.

wow, fantastic! $1k?

Message 18 of 28
mo15473
Contributor

I have no clue to be honest. They didnt state the amount in the email. Guess I have to wait 5 to 7 business days for the card to come in the mail. They responed to my last message at 3am this morning.

Message 19 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mo15473 wrote:

I have no clue to be honest. They didnt state the amount in the email. Guess I have to wait 5 to 7 business days for the card to come in the mail. They responed to my last message at 3am this morning.

I would bet you will see it on your online account very soon

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.