Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash advance limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash advance limits

@rbentley wrote:

I have always wondered what the process was for taking a cash advance, not that I have any plans to do so. Do people do it through an ATM, and if so, aren't you limited to the daily withdrawal amounts of $200 - $300. Or, do you go into any bank and present your card and ask for a cash advance on it?

You can access cash both of the ways you mentioned. Your FI likely has limits on the cash advance option. Some CUs have rates the same as for purchases while many regular FIs use a high rate (likely to discourage usage). Also, the cash advance limit is likely to be lower than the maximum limit for the account.

Message 21 of 23
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Not a fan of a cash advance for the obvious reasons. If that's a factor then go with Pen Fed. Have a Pathfinder with a 30k limit and a 30k cash advance limit.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup I can attest to the fact penfed doesn't mind cash advances, have used it countless times for 1000s never cared and even offered more products

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.