Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash rewards card BOA

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Cash rewards card BOA

when you apply for a "cc" at bank of america with excellent credit and a  dti 25% or so, how much do they typically approve you for??  tried the pre approval and it dosen't give an amount and really didn't want to waste my time for a 5k credit limit

I do have two cards:

NFCU 30k limit zero balance

USAA 1K  limit zero balance

but both are very active

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cash rewards card BOA

The BoA "Check for customized offers" is not a pre-approved offers portal. It simply yields recommendations based on limited input criteria and it would not provide any type of SL output.

That said, since profiles will always vary, there's no method to determine what SL it would yield based on your overall profile, if approved.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU cards set unrealistic expectations. A lot of banks disregard CU cards when looking at limits to set. $5K may not even happen. 

Also if you’re reporting $0, you’re actually more likely to be flat out denied. If you’re not showing a balance, it looks like you’re not using the credit you have and thus don’t need any. Report 1%-8.9% on one card for best results. 

Message 3 of 14
babbles
Established Contributor

Thanks for the input, I’m not applying at all, if anything I’ll ask for an increase with the cards I have! 😃
Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No way to tell. But will say you cant use Navy as a comparison to other lenders because they give out high limits to profiles that usually wouldnt see them elswhere. Just look at the difference between your 2 cards. Thats a huge disparity and were it me , if i were offered a 5k card id be super happy.
Message 5 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@babbles wrote:
Thanks for the input, I’m not applying at all, if anything I’ll ask for an increase with the cards I have! 😃

Just keep in mind that it'll be a HP for either NFCU or USAA as far as CLIs.  Depending on the NFCU request, they may ask for POI. 

Message 6 of 14
babbles
Established Contributor

I'd rather the HP with those two guys I already have, just glad I didn't apply and would have been devasted with a denial and a hp!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think you should reconsider and diversify your portfolio. Nothing wrong with getting a low sl with Boa because they are one of the few lenders where your card can grow substantially through sp increase and if you have high income, very big limits. Im capped at 10.7k becsuse im poor but man if i had more income, im sure Boa would hook a brotha upSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
babbles
Established Contributor

Good one j!   I'll think on it.

Message 9 of 14
babbles
Established Contributor

so how soon after getting an increase with your current card should you wait to ask for another?  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.