Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CashBack for 2018 !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CashBack for 2018 !

I haven’t added them all up... gotta be at least 200-300 though. Not counting my bcp sign up bonus. And not to mention $700 in new checking account bonuses! I think I made over 1k between my credit cards and bank accounts.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice post!

With Discover (excluding CB match), I added up right around $250ish (around $400 with it).

If I added up all cards I would probably be in the $500-$600 range after subtracting annual fees.

I redeem them almost as soon as they come up usually. It comes as a bit of a shock to see them all totaled up like that. I was thinking I would be somewhere $300 region altogether before looking at this. Wow!

Message 12 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It really all comes down to spend, if you spend enough, even a 1% card will give more cashback than many here.

Message 13 of 21
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

@ Saeren - thats great to hear , i wish i would have taken advantage of the matching... i didnt know what cashback was or how it worked at that time . im also in the same boat as you with not so high of income but charging and focusing everything on one card to maximize the cashback. thanks for sharing.

@ plasticbill - sounds like you did good for 2018 ! great job !

@ TheBrad - yeah i do the same where monthly i cash out as a statement credit but now looking at the big picture it sure does add up !

@ longtimelurker - i agree thats the name of the game , thanks for chiming in.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah honestly I kind of messed up with my Discover. I got other cards during this first year which meant that thousands of spending went to those SUBs which could have been put towards 5% and regular 1% match spending. 

Message 15 of 21
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

saeren we live and we learn lol , luckily with this site we can do alot of learning thats for sure ! 

Message 16 of 21
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

At the beginning of 2018 I had a 6 month old  Cap One QS.   In Feb I obtained an Amex BCE, Discover it, Chase Amazon Prime Visa, and Citi DC. My DW had a generic Visa from Elan Financial  that got points she converts to cash, and she got an Amex Cash Magnet in June.

We earned $300 in Subs. $800 in cash back and I have about $350 not claimed yet, $298 of that is my cash back match from Disco that I will get the end of Feb.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of posting this as well haha!

I retrieve almost $700 in year 2018 because of Cash Back. Combination of all of my cards on my sig Smiley Wink

I feel amazing for that but at the same time kind of icky as I've spend too much to earn that? lol

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fico82 wrote:

@ TheBrad - yeah i do the same where monthly i cash out as a statement credit but now looking at the big picture it sure does add up !

Yeah it does. At the start of this year I opened a new savings account, and have started depositing what I earn in cashback. It's going to be interesting to see what the total is at Christmas time.

Message 19 of 21
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

@ MakingProgress - thanks for posting , looks like you did great this past year !
@ TheBrownDaredevil - yeah i definitely know what u mean lol
@ TheBrad - keep me updated around christmas time to see how well you did !

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.