cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CashRewards --> Quicksilver, Freedom vs Forward Update

tag
databender

CashRewards --> Quicksilver, Freedom vs Forward Update

In early June I responded to a prequalified offer for the Cash Rewards card with no AF, and after correcting some information with the CRAs was approved with a surprisingly high limit. So far CSRs have been good and I've been pleased with the card, the first statement closes tomorrow July 2. Naturally, I've been following the Quicksilver's replacement of Cash Rewards (in hindsight I should have waited another month before applying, but how could I have known?) and have been considering calling Capital One and asking for a PC since I opened the Cash Rewards so recently and wouldn't care about losing this month's 50% reward (about $2.50). I hesitate calling them because I want the $100 opening bonus to post and clear before it's lost with a PC, since I put just over $500 on it this month the bonus should come through around August. I won't be upset if they don't allow a PC because it's such a minor difference between the cards, but it would be nice.

I've been debating for awhile whether to go for the Chase Freedom or Citi Forward for College Students next, but have decided on Chase. I have a prequalified offer for the Freedom, I'd rather be stuck with Chase long-term, and UR seems better than TYP since I don't have loans. I might even keep the Chase points for a year until I apply for CSP (my current income would probably prevent me from getting CSP) but that remains to be seen. I'll be applying for the Freedom once my current util is reflected on experian, but before Cap1 starts reporting in a month.

I feel like I am on the right track for establishing long-term credit and having it be a rewarding journey, and it's largely due to the abundant and solid reviews, conversations, outbursts, and stories I've read on these forums, so thank you.

Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa - 12/2011 - $2,100
AmEx Costco TrueEarnings Business - 02/2013 - $6,000
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - 06/2013 - $3,000
Chase Freedom Visa - 07/2013 - $2,500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
databender

Re: CashRewards --> Quicksilver, Freedom vs Forward Update

[UPDATE]

Balances were finally updated on Experian today (it's nice that they give you unlimited updates on a credit report 90 days after obtaining it) and I applied for the Chase Freedom. My first instant approval, at $2,500 and %18.99 APR, not that I will let it carry a balance. Now I'll hit the garden for a year, wait until I'm done with college before I apply again. Thanks again for making this process clearer, smoother, and easier.

Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa - 12/2011 - $2,100
AmEx Costco TrueEarnings Business - 02/2013 - $6,000
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - 06/2013 - $3,000
Chase Freedom Visa - 07/2013 - $2,500
Message 2 of 3
CEOriginal
Contributor

Re: CashRewards --> Quicksilver, Freedom vs Forward Update

Nice!

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.