cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback Card For Walmart Grocery Pickup/Delivery?

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Cashback Card For Walmart Grocery Pickup/Delivery?

For those using Chase Pay, there is a 10%/max $10 offer in the app.

I looked through some past Discover statements for coding. Walmart codes as "merchandise"

Target.com codes as Merchandise, but the stores code as grocery. Smart and Final also codes as grocery btw.

Message 41 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

For those using Chase Pay, there is a 10%/max $10 offer in the app.

I looked through some past Discover statements for coding. Walmart codes as "merchandise"

Target.com codes as Merchandise, but the stores code as grocery. Smart and Final also codes as grocery btw.

for discover are u reffering to WALMART.COM or GROCERY.WALMART.COM?

Please confirm. thanks

Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

GROCERY.WALMART.COM    -  IS CODED AS "GROCERY & SUPERMARKETS" WITH DISCOVER. 

DID NOT EARN 5% 

SEE SCREENSHOT Capture.PNG

Message 43 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE FREEDOM DID NOT EARN 5% (IN Q2 2019) ON GROCERY.WALMART.COM

Message 44 of 51
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

My AMEX BCP has been giving me 6% back for online grocery pickup at WM for 6 months and counting. If AMEX recodes, I'll drop it. 

Message 45 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

My AMEX BCP has been giving me 6% back for online grocery pickup at WM for 6 months and counting. If AMEX recodes, I'll drop it. 

Is this ^ still working for you/anyone else? Strongly considering procuring this card for the 6% groceries (order online, pick up at store, via grocery.walmart.com) I've asked Amex CS and they seem obvlivous and are certain Walmart is a no-go regrardless. Pretty sure we beg to differ....?

Message 46 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Is this ^ still working for you/anyone else? Strongly considering procuring this card for the 6% groceries (order online, pick up at store, via grocery.walmart.com) I've asked Amex CS and they seem obvlivous and are certain Walmart is a no-go regrardless. Pretty sure we beg to differ....?

Walmart Grocery triggered the supermarket bonus for me as recently as three weeks ago on my Amex Gold, meaning it is still working for the BCP as well.

Note that the charge comes out of Bentonville, AR regardless of what store you use.

WalmartGrocery4x.png

Message 47 of 51
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Is the BCE/BCP still coding Wal-Mart grocery pickup as Supermarkets?
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 48 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can tell you that Walmart.com coded as merchandise with Discover for my online order of stuff plus a $100 Walmart gift card. It coded the same for my Amazon.com order of stuff plus a $500 gift card.

Both transactions are 5% according to my cashback itemization on my Discover account (this is my last month of match so trying to hit the limit).

I have no idea about the codes for other cards, but those of you who aren't sure about the online grocery, why not order other stuff, add a gift card for whatever amount, and then use the gift card to purchase groceries after you receive it? I would not just order a gift card (not sure if this would trigger a closer look by Discover).
Message 49 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JNA1 wrote:
Is the BCE/BCP still coding Wal-Mart grocery pickup as Supermarkets?

As of two days ago WM Grocery is still coding as grocery for the Amex Gold, so it should be coding as grocery for the BCE/BCP as well.

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.