Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashing Out Hilton Honors Points

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Cashing Out Hilton Honors Points

I have built up a nice pile of HH points through Amex. For some reason I was under the impression that you could convert your HH points into Membership rewards but can't seem to find an option to do so and, CSR are clueless to the same. So my question, Is that possible to transfer HH to MR? If if not, is their other options out there that would give the best bang for the convert? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cashing Out Hilton Honors Points

Can use it on Amazon,  for .2 cpp

It's pretty easy to redeem for stays at .5+ cpp, though

They also have transfer partners (airlines), but the conversion rates are pretty bad , like 10 HH:1 mile

Cannot exchange HH for MR

Message 2 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rewards, and ThankYou Points are only transferable from, never to.  Airline miles are the same (but in reverse) with very limited exceptions (i.e. United miles can be transferred to some hotels at a fairly poor value by elite members).  Most hotel loyalty programs do have airline transfer options, but certainly as mentioned already this is usually abysmal with Hilton, whereas the same number of Marriott points would get you 3.3 to 15.4 times as many miles with the exact same airlines (with 4.17x the miles from Marriott vs Hilton the most common).  If you absolutely won't use them, it may help to transfer them to an airline that is also a partner of other rewards programs you are using (such as MRs) just to top the balance off.

Message 3 of 5
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can use it on Amazon,  for .2 cpp

It's pretty easy to redeem for stays at .5+ cpp, though

They also have transfer partners (airlines), but the conversion rates are pretty bad , like 10 HH:1 mile

Cannot exchange HH for MR

Yeah, cash out for Amazon or airlines isn't great unless you foresee you will never, EVER need a hotel room from Hilton again (in which case, why bank the points).

9 times out of 10, hotel/airline "cashing out" (getting something like a toaster or transferring to another program) is a terrible idea for the value of points, and the 1 out of 10 tends to be an edge or special exception. 

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 4 of 5
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I think I'm going to sit on theses points and plan a couple of nice trips in 2022! 😁

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.