Did you mean: 

Celebrating the arrival ...

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Celebrating the arrival ...

@Pat94108 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

ahh thanks for the info , and congrats on the new card. Do you only get their fico score on denial or should you get it for both approval or denials, i am quite interested to find out. Apparently they triple pulled me when i applied for my BCP so looks like i must have been borderline. 

If the terms that they offered you aren't the best, they will tell you about the fico score they used and what they found out on your report. You will be able to access your CR for  free actually even though you were approved. if they triple pulled you then you probably didn't get the best terms, I'd think so wait for a letter in the mail from AMEX, should arrive before you get your card.

i was actaully surprised i got approved at all, but the guy i talked to on phone said apr was 12.99, which seems decent compared to apr i got from discover :-( only time will tell when i finally get my card with all of that information. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 19
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

ahh thanks for the info , and congrats on the new card. Do you only get their fico score on denial or should you get it for both approval or denials, i am quite interested to find out. Apparently they triple pulled me when i applied for my BCP so looks like i must have been borderline. 

If the terms that they offered you aren't the best, they will tell you about the fico score they used and what they found out on your report. You will be able to access your CR for  free actually even though you were approved. if they triple pulled you then you probably didn't get the best terms, I'd think so wait for a letter in the mail from AMEX, should arrive before you get your card.

i was actaully surprised i got approved at all, but the guy i talked to on phone said apr was 12.99, which seems decent compared to apr i got from discover :-( only time will tell when i finally get my card with all of that information. 

Indeed, you got a decent rate. Yes, wait for the info and let us know :-)

Message 12 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

My Amex Green approved last Friday arrived today, surprisingly via USPS.  The card I requested for my wife was not included, but when I activated my card I enrolled her. Got confirmation that her's would arrive in two weeks.

Between Cardmember Agreement parts 1 and 2, and the document called Additional Card Benefits there is a lot to read. [Anything to look out for?]   I was looking forward to some confirmation of the FICO numbers that they based decision on ... but none.

BTW: Where do you sign this card???

Well, I'm off to enjoy the benefits of membership!!!  LOL  Smiley Very Happy  Any suggestions?

Congarts and take that new card for a spinSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 19
PastorH
Contributor

Thanks to all.

... and Congrats, Mongstradamus!

Message 14 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Based on your Subject line I totally expected a thread about Barclay......
Message 15 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

Thanks to all.

... and Congrats, Mongstradamus!

Thanks will have to see how much damage was done by end of next week lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 16 of 19
Express
Frequent Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

My Amex Green approved last Friday arrived today, surprisingly via USPS.  The card I requested for my wife was not included, but when I activated my card I enrolled her. Got confirmation that her's would arrive in two weeks.

Between Cardmember Agreement parts 1 and 2, and the document called Additional Card Benefits there is a lot to read. [Anything to look out for?]   I was looking forward to some confirmation of the FICO numbers that they based decision on ... but none.

BTW: Where do you sign this card???

Well, I'm off to enjoy the benefits of membership!!!  LOL  Smiley Very Happy  Any suggestions?

Congrats! To you and your Wife  Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the Amex Family Glad you all could make it!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 17 of 19
PastorH
Contributor

Feels good! Smiley Very Happy Thanks.

Message 18 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!
You'll love Amex!
Piece of advise:
It's reported that high spend from Authorized Users on Amex accounts will send up red flags and cause a "Financial Review". A FR review is where Amex hassles you for tax returns.
So just be aware... Again, it's <1% you'll experience this but just be aware it is a commonly reported trigger.

Congrats again!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.