Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion??

tag
StudentSam
New Contributor

Re: Centurion??

Exactly. What may be a waste to you could be amazing to me. Keep personal opinions to yourself Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 79
mrmichaelscott
Established Member

ryanbush... You're a joke... It's your parents who have those cards not you... so stop bragging about it unless you're still living with your parents.  If that's the case your entire credit profile is really a big authorized using from your parents lol

Message 32 of 79
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Well, this thread deteorated quickly. Let's be courteous everyone.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 33 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@mrmichaelscott wrote:

ryanbush... You're a joke... It's your parents who have those cards not you... so stop bragging about it unless you're still living with your parents.  If that's the case your entire credit profile is really a big authorized using from your parents lol

I'm 30 years old and haven't lived with my parents since I was 18, I don't work for them nor am I an AU on any of their cards except one business accout as I do stuff for them and use it for those purposes only (it's not listed in my profile either) Everything in my profile is a card I got on my own.  I haven't once bragged about a single card my parents have, only gave insight when people have asked questions.

Nice try though

edit: ps: if anyone thinks i was bragging about my parents i do apologize, i didn't intend for it to come off that way.  I would never claim my parents accomplishment as my own and my posts were only meant to be for informational purposes.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 34 of 79
GOldfishes
Contributor

I think it may be time to shut this bad boy down

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 35 of 79
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Old thread or not. Lots of bad info in thread. There is no spend amount that will automatically get you invited currently. There is an unpublished minimum spend required to be eligible for invite which is more than the old 250k requirement. That is the big change. Min spend amount does not automatically get you invite anymore. Mainly tough because Amex was giving them out like candy for a while and Amex chairman freaked out. Someone said they got invite for spending 240k which is off as I know min spend is higher unless they spent a lot more the previous year.

As for why it is good, that's whole other discussion.

Is the new unpublished minimum around $500K?

I get why Amex changed its invite process, but having a minimum spend isn't necessarily going to get you the desired demographic they are seeking.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 36 of 79
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Remember the min spend is now just a qualification requirement vs. before where min spend automatically gives you invite. As for the number, can't really say as It wouldn't be unpublished. I did hear from my buddy that way less than 100 personal invites went out in 2012. Business invites opened up earlier this year but still pretty rare.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 37 of 79
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Looks like I'm a little late posting the 'remember to be courteous and respectful' comments.

Thank you,

09Lexie
Message 38 of 79
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

Exactly. What may be a waste to you could be amazing to me. Keep personal opinions to yourself Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry, but if we don't say our opinions, what do we say? This is a public website and as long as people aren't violating the rules, they can say what they want. All I said was that I didn't find it interesting and that it's a waste of money to me. I said nothing of the people who do pay the annual fee or want the card. When I see the website change to "StudetentSam.com", then I will keep opinions to myself. Until then, please do not tell me what to do simply because you didn't like what I said. If your comment was not directed at me, the same still applies.

Message 39 of 79
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha opinions are permitted. At least that's what I was told, unless it was randomly changed. Lmao -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 40 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.