cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

tag
Contributor

Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

I got the Amex Zync last August, and included both my part time income and grants/loans as total income (probably not the best idea). I was approved, and was cleared up to $4000 via the charge approval button.

Fast forward to now. I don't have a part time job as I'm taking more hours; however, I now receive more scholarship money. I checked the button again and was only approved up to $2500.Smiley Surprised This may be in part due to a high balance that I let report recently, which has since been paid off and the statement cut. But now I'm a little worried that they might FR me, especially since I'm about to apply for one or two more cards. Are they likely to FR me when I've had my card for 10 months? I'm making about the same as I was last August, but I'm not sure they'd count grants and scholarships as income.

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

Leave the charge  approval button alone, live within your current means, don't be late on anything, or have new  baddies show up on your CR, and you will be fine. FR's are rare, and even more so for people spening a  couple thousand or less on their AMEX card.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chance of Amex FR after 10 months?

A FR can occur at anytime and for any reason Amex seems fit. Some have said hitting that button too much may also trigger an FR but I don't hold too much into if that's the trigger.

FRs are not as common as one might think- afaik, when they ask for tax returns it'll be the past 2 years.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.