Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances CLI?

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Chances CLI?

So I emailed cap1 EO yesterday and I am waiting to hear from them. What are my chances of a CLI from them. The card sits at $750 Smiley Sad lowest limit. What are my chances of a CLI from them. I am not holding my breath but I old them I would leave if the didn't raise the limit.
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chances CLI?

How long have you had the account open?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i thought i put it in but 2 years.

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 3 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You should be more than fine for a cli.

Possibly even a pc
Message 4 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
So I emailed cap1 EO yesterday and I am waiting to hear from them. What are my chances of a CLI from them. The card sits at $750 Smiley Sad lowest limit. What are my chances of a CLI from them. I am not holding my breath but I old them I would leave if the didn't raise the limit.

I'm in the exact same boat. I emailed EO on Friday and waiting for call. I've only had mine for 9 months, though. Good luck to both of us!!!Smiley Wink

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 12
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
You should be more than fine for a cli.

Possibly even a pc

I am hoping for a PC to the cash rewards and  a huge CLI i have seen some here lately and it seems like they are being nice. I used the credit match and it finally said i could get the venture and their high end cards, i know not to go by it but it never said that before. 

Message 6 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It seems once you get a 3000+ limit with them you can pc all willy nilly.

I started at 3k,was immediately able to pc to cash rewards when i opened my account. Was later offered to upgrade to the 2% venture with no AF, but i would miss out on my 50% bonus so im saving that one for later.

Best of luck to you.
Message 7 of 12
NewBreed
New Contributor

I read a post earlier today where someone emailed the Cap One Ceo and he went from like 750 to 12,000 CLI it was ridiculous!... In Google type in Capital One CEO Email Address and you get a gentleman's name and an email or phone call back from the Executive offices with a CLI

-- minor edit, removed personal name albeit silly as Googling does pull it up. --CareBear
Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 8 of 12
blunderer
Established Contributor

You should be fine for a CLI.  I had my card for just about 9 months when I contacted the EO for a CLI.  When I got the car I didn't know anything about this board or Cap One's "credit steps" program so I was glad the EO was able to accommodate my request for a higher credit limit.  I'm sure it'll work out for you as well.

Message 9 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

No doubt no should see a CLI

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.