Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for AMEX gold delta?

tag
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Re: Chances for AMEX gold delta?

@Butter41 wrote:

some paid charge offs from 5 years ago. 9% utilization and no missed payments on anything for over 4 years.

I don't see the harm in applying now.  Doubtful a couple inquires falling off will make the difference between approved and denied, if it does just call them back in May and have them take another look.

Also make sure you get the 30,000 skymiles for spending $500 in the first 3 month promotion.  From the little bit of looking I've done it seems those miles are worth somewhere in the $220-$300 range.  I'll be flying delta to Europe this year so the miles and free ck bag are a huge plus. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 31
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@VegasKyle wrote:

@Butter41 wrote:

some paid charge offs from 5 years ago. 9% utilization and no missed payments on anything for over 4 years.

I don't see the harm in applying now.  Doubtful a couple inquires falling off will make the difference between approved and denied, if it does just call them back in may and have them take another look.

Also make sure you get the 30,000 skymiles for spending $500 in the first 3 month promotion.  From the little bit of looking I've done it seems those miles are worth somewhere in the $220-$300 range.  I'll be flying delta to Europe his year so the miles and free ck bag are a huge plus. 

I just made 25K miles worth 900$ a couple of months ago....  they can be very valuable if you use them correctly.

Since you are flying to Europe (international) you're first checked bag would have been free anyway, the card is only beneficial for the first free bag if you are flying domestic FYI.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 31
shasta
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and apped and got the "pending further review" notification.

I apped through "creditcards.com", because when I logged in AMEX, the offer was for 10,000 miles, not 30,000. I don't know if that was a mistake or not.

Should I recon?

Message 13 of 31
shasta
Regular Contributor

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread......................

Message 14 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... Those three inquiries arent going to matter to Amex imo! Go for it!
You might get a $1k or 2k limit but who cares!!! It's Amex, baby!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 31
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

did they already HP you?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 16 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@ryan...
Dang! 25k miles worth $900!?!!!
This is why I want the Amex Platinum next!!!!

The $450 annual fee would be well worth it!!!! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 31
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

We I applied last week, I received the same pending further review message. I saw on the forum where that was a glitch, so went back and did a check app status on their website and saw an approval.
FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 18 of 31
Butter41
Established Member

I will probably just wait until May until the inquiries age. I'm hoping my score will be a little higher by then as well

Message 19 of 31
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
@ryan...
Dang! 25k miles worth $900!?!!!
This is why I want the Amex Platinum next!!!!

The $450 annual fee would be well worth it!!!! Lol

Yeah I booked a ticket on Delta from FSM to ATL turn around next day... the price on Deltas' website was 895$ and I booked it on a low level award ticket for 25k miles.

That's almost a 3.5% return on spending, pretty good in my book. 

I already have a Platinum Delta Business (fathers account) that I get to use all the benefits (200.00 airfare credit, Global Entry, SPG gold status) since he has a personal centurian card, but I am still tempted to upgrade my Green to the Platinum just to have one of my own...

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.