Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for AMEX gold delta?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chances for AMEX gold delta?

@Butter41 wrote:

I will probably just wait until May until the inquiries age. I'm hoping my score will be a little higher by then as well

Good idea its only a month and half away good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's insane!!! I only fly 2-3 times a year. Blah blah blah! I want a Centurion! Jealous!
I actually have only one af card of all my 18 open cards haha stupid Orchard Bank Gold haha@ $39. I realllllly want to axe this card, but I can't bring myself to do it. Meh

@butter- I really dont think those three inqs will matter; I got approved for a BCE with 7 inqs and a 696 TU FICO+ 1 baddie from 08; the Delta Gold is the easiest Amex revolver to get from what Ive seen, but your call!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 31
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's insane!!! I only fly 2-3 times a year. Blah blah blah! I want a Centurion! Jealous!
I actually have only one af card of all my 18 open cards haha stupid Orchard Bank Gold haha@ $39. I realllllly want to axe this card, but I can't bring myself to do it. Meh

@butter- I really dont think those three inqs will matter; I got approved for a BCE with 7 inqs and a 696 TU FICO+ 1 baddie from 08; the Delta Gold is the easiest Amex revolver to get from what Ive seen, but your call!:-)

The centurian is perfect for people that only fly 2-3 times a year in which you're esentially paying for airline/hotel status that you would normally only get by traveling way more.

I have AF on way too many cards (Green - 95, CSP - 95, Delta - 150, Cap 1 - 39, orchard - 39) I got all of the fees waived for 2013 except the AMEX which is only free until October.  If I get a 3x increase on my Delta card in September I'll probably close the Green, still trying to decide...

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 23 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I really want an Amex charge card, but alas Im in the stupid garden lol plus I need to work on my 14% util to get it to 9%! I want CSP too and that Penfed Promise Visa! Lol Im planning my next app spree already haha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 31
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You've already box an amex revolver, you're ovbiously going to be approved for a charge card. 

I would say you also have a 99% chance you would be approved for CSP but I think you would get a smallish limit no matter what your utilization is.

I really don't think they are going to distinguish between 14 or 9% utilization

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 25 of 31
HiLine
Blogger

Message 26 of 31
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@Butter41 wrote:

I will probably just wait until May until the inquiries age. I'm hoping my score will be a little higher by then as well

I don't think waiting till May will be the difference between approval and denial but I don't think your chances will get worse.  Do whatever you feel comfortable with. 

On the other hand instead of applying for the card in May when the inqs drop off you could be applying for your 61 day CLI, if you were to apply and be approved for the card now. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 31
Butter41
Established Member

Well, after thinking about it some more, decided to go ahead and apply for the Delta gold.

Was given the pending review answer.

Went to "check my application status" on AMEX website and it indicated "denied".

I will attempt to email and/or call for a recon. I will update

Message 28 of 31
Butter41
Established Member

OK, just chatted online with a rep and was told that I would have to wait for the denial letter and there would be a number on the letter to which I could dispute.

Does anyone know of another way to approach this?

Message 29 of 31
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@Butter41 wrote:

OK, just chatted online with a rep and was told that I would have to wait for the denial letter and there would be a number on the letter to which I could dispute.

Does anyone know of another way to approach this?

They should send you an email with the reference number on it as well.  You can try going to https://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus also.  That's what I did, just put in my SSN and Zip code then DOB and it linked me to the denial letter.  When I called back to apply the second time I gave the reference number associated with the denial to the first person I talked to. 

Sorry you got declined, hopefully its something easy to take care of and they reconsider.

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.