Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of Disco Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of Disco Graduation?

Hey all,

I've been pouring over the posts about disco graduations and I think I'm more confused now than before.  It realistically seems there is no rhyme or reason to who does or who doesn't get approved.  Also, I'm confused as the Discover website says "Starting at 8 months" we will check monthly to see if you graduate, but almost all the posts on here talk about the 7th statement cut.  Does the 7th statement cut count as the 8th month?

Also, I'm wondering what my chances are of graduating.  I applied and was approved in june 2019, deposited $1,000. Left the limit alone since then.  I have used the card for basically all my gas purchases.  Never been close to the limit, basically $350-$700 depending on the month (I drive a lot for work).  Before due date I pay off in full, then prior to statement cut I make an additional payment to keep my balance between $25-$75.

My current scores from my fico are EX 656, TU 660, and EQ 613. TU data; AAOA 10 yrs, 3 inq's, revolving util 21%. I have some old closed accounts PIF that were either CO's or had lots of late payments.  TU shows no collections at all.  But 2 months ago 2 old medical collections popped up on TU incorrectly so it took a big dive.  Nov 2019 TU was 573, Dec 2019 TU was 603, and Jan 2020 (newest statement my TU was back up and is now 660.  I successfully got both those 2 old medical collections removed from my credit. Oh and last month I was approved for the Chase Sapphire Preffered with a $11,700 limit.  It's now reporting on all 3 bureus.  Not sure if that will effect Discover's decision...

My statement cut on Jan 20th. So it's been 1 day so far.  I keep looking to see if my CL changes, as that seems to be the first thing people notice.  Any other things I can look for that might hint towards graduation?  One weird thing I noted was at 1am on the 20th when I logged in to look at my account on the app.  The app made me do a text authorization code.  It hasn't done that since I first signed up.  I thought that was odd.  Anyways, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chances of Disco Graduation?

Sorry can't answer your other questions. But I am sure someone else will.

this one;

" One weird thing I noted was at 1am on the 20th when I logged in to look at my account on the app. The app made me do a text authorization code. It hasn't done that since I first signed up. I thought that was odd. ".

Its a security checkpoint.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...I’ll answer the question for myself. Just logged in and my credit limit changed from $1,000 to $2,000. Guess I’m graduating and will be getting my $1,000 back. Woot woot!
Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!
Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations 🎉🎉!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.