Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances on CSP?

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Chances on CSP?

Seen others on here get the CSP with 35k income but I'm assuming their files were not as thin.  I def agree your borderline, would have helped if you had a prior relationship with chase.  Inq's will not be a factor and Amex CC won't be a factor either because Amex always pulls Ex.  I can see them pull more than one CR, , if it is what you want go for it. If you don't get an approval recon.  Your Inq's are low so one more won't hurt.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 11 of 21
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

You do have the Freedom lol didn't see that,

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 12 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

You do have the Freedom lol didn't see that,

That will help as well. I'm thinking the OP should get approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

if you have your freedom for a while now you should be approved.

Do you need another card with AF though when you already have the BCP? I'm not trying to be your nanny, but if you won't be travelling much, or can't charge much to the card due to your income, you will be wasting the 1-year free AF chance essentially.

But it's a nice card. Overall I think you should be fine.

Worst case scenario you will have to call recon and I think you still should be fine. Like other's said it's most likely going to be borderline approval with 2-3 pulls, but if you really want this card and can justify it, go for it.

Best of luck!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 21
nfs_mw
New Contributor

I think OP has a decent chance for approval at 35k income..

If AF bothers you downgrade to normal sapphire after 13 months.. Also you get the 40k bonus points...

Inq's are low too so wouldn't hurt the score much

Message 15 of 21
toppers555
Established Contributor

Well my main question is has your uodated cl hit your cr's yet for citi? While other are suggesting adding the 15k fo rincome that more or less really is not actually income. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 16 of 21
SchickHydro

Thanks for all the help! I don't think I'd really find much use from it right now with my low income and being still in school, but i wanted to get it to harvest enough points for a nice vacation, since i've heard abotu their 1:1 mile exchange! However, I think i might just wait a month or two before trying, since i only recently got the amex bcp.

thanks again!

Message 17 of 21
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@SchickHydro wrote:

Thanks for all the help! I don't think I'd really find much use from it right now with my low income and being still in school, but i wanted to get it to harvest enough points for a nice vacation, since i've heard abotu their 1:1 mile exchange! However, I think i might just wait a month or two before trying, since i only recently got the amex bcp.

thanks again!

+1. I don't think you'll find much use of it either with your current income. Other than the signup bonus, you simply don't earn enough (and therefore can't spend enough) to offset the AF. If you do get approved, I'd downgrade to a no-AF card or cancel after the first year.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 18 of 21
SchickHydro

from the information i've provided, do you think it'd be worth the hard pull to increase the limit on my chase freedom (500$) atm, its been about a year. Or is the HP not worth it and I should save it to apply for another card?

Message 19 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@SchickHydro wrote:

thanks again!

+1. I don't think you'll find much use of it either with your current income. Other than the signup bonus, you simply don't earn enough (and therefore can't spend enough) to offset the AF. If you do get approved, I'd downgrade to a no-AF card or cancel after the first year.

+2

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.