cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances on Nordstrom Visa & Citi Thank You points cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances on Nordstrom Visa & Citi Thank You points cards?

I have seen some wild posts about people getting upgraded on their Nordstrom cards to Visa's and VSig, but no real info on the credit needed.
Same with Citi card posts. Always "accepted", but not what would be DPs on preffered scores, util%, or whatnot.
I was gonna post this question on another OPs Nordstrom acceptance announcement, but I'm posting it here, instead.
Okay: ...
May I ask what your score was to get the Visa and then the Visa Sig? I just hit 803, on EX, about 770 on EQ and TU gave me a 750-something, like I was at the 1984 Olympics and they were East Germany downgrading my performance! 😒
Anyway, I want to get a new Citi card, but I REALLY want a Nordy card, Visa (or V Sig if I can get it!) and I hear glowing CLI reviews, but not much about SLs or CR scores for Nordstrom acceptance.
I did a SP on my Citi DP 2 nights ago to see if my 800 was a reality, and they increased me from 10k to 14k. So now I am amped!!! Even asking for a PC for my Cap1 got my 6k Plat to Venture the same night!
SO, knowing I can get a couple cards (hopefully nicer points cards that I can use with much joy 😃), can I ask if I ask Citi for a Rewards+ or better, then quickly dart over to my Nordstrom app to app for a Visa, and I am likely to get both?
I'd also like to wait for the Citi DC card by calling for a PC upgrade. Or I could app for the Citi DC and call to upgrade maybe my Citi DP to a Citi TY points card? Just wondering if those requests seem too hopeful!
I would also appreciate the direct number for Citibank to PC for cards, if anyone knows? Or a link like I used with Cap1? Thanks. 😅
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances on Nordstrom Visa & Citi Thank You points cards?

You're a shoe in for both of them.  Citi is easy to work with if you don't ask them to combine 2 accounts into one.... Citi DC should be an easy approval for somewhere in the 8-10K range going off data points.  Nordstroms should be an easy approval as well and result in a VS.  

I think you're over thinking things a bit here and need to just app for the cards you want and take the new plastic for a run.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you are like a credit Buddha! Always calm, always simple but clear, and always showing the path. 🧘‍♂️⛩ ➡️
Okay! I feel totally better now.
As the credit Buddha, I shall put you on my Buddhist Christmas Card list just to break in my Thank You card buying you something that strange. 👽
A way to say "Thank You" to us both, ...equally.
🙇‍♀️🙇‍♂️ 🙏
I'm gonna go to bed, then wake up to app tomorrow. I will update afterwards!
It will be in the shape of an oragami crane, tied to an actual crane who will frantically be attempting to peck out the results on my phone screen.
In Japanese kanji. From an originally Chinese pinyin romaji text, initially written in English. 🙃

Yes, a big day for us all! 😜 Thank you muchly!

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Got-approved-11k-Citi-DC-and-5K-Nordstrom-Vis...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.