cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances with Chase or Wells Fargo

tag
lmgood

Re: Chances with Chase or Wells Fargo

@DrJim - thanks for the info on WF.  Interestingly enough, when I pulled my credit reports - I showed their inquiries for opening checking accounts on my EX  but not TU or EQ.  Weird.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lmgood wrote:

@Anonymous_buidling I didn't even think of US Bank - I don't think we have any in my area, so it was an out of sight out of mind deal.  Do you deal with them and have you been happy?

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that if US Bank doesn't have a branch in your state, they won't allow you to have one of their cards. So.... do you know if there is at least one in your STATE?? 

Message 12 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lmgood wrote:

@Anonymous_buidling I didn't even think of US Bank - I don't think we have any in my area, so it was an out of sight out of mind deal.  Do you deal with them and have you been happy?

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that if US Bank doesn't have a branch in your state, they won't allow you to have one of their cards. So.... do you know if there is at least one in your STATE?? 

QTIP you are right AFAIK- I was denied for a regular USB for something like 'out of service area'.

Imgood I don't have any branches here either, a work around is to app a USB co-branded cc product (IIRC there are several), and they're not limited to states with branches...linux fund and american humane society us bank cc for eg. also generally have terms that are a bit better than the vanilla offerings direct from USB,

so for me it was a win/win:  US Bank rocks and got in with slightly better terms than they generally offer (at the time I applied: 12 mos. no fee BT and 8.99 reg APR), even though out of area Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.