Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts

tag
althes
Frequent Contributor

Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts

They have been in a giving mood.

I suspect they have split mc/visa from store cards, and commercial for total credit.

Seeing how they are now using vantage.

Also they might be trying to increase market share then lump the balances from high fico users to sell on the market.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts

Or they are feeling the loss of Walmart account and are doing everything in their power to recover faster. 

The easiest way to entice spending is to offer something that on surface looks like a good APR (paypal mastercard), disregarding the fact it was atrocious from the start. May not make a difference to those who claim to PIF, but most people dont.  

Lenders pay to be able to provide score of either variety, Vantage is less expensive 

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Or they are feeling the loss of Walmart account and are doing everything in their power to recover faster. 

The easiest way to entice spending is to offer something that on surface looks like a good APR (paypal mastercard), disregarding the fact it was atrocious from the start. May not make a difference to those who claim to PIF, but most people dont.  

Lenders pay to be able to provide score of either variety, Vantage is less expensive 

While I agree that the original (and still my current one!) APR is atrocious, arriving at a 12.X% APR on a 2% no FTF/AF card is pretty good, so regardless of motivation, I will give them a LTL merit point.

Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

While I agree that the original (and still my current one!) APR is atrocious, arriving at a 12.X% APR on a 2% no FTF/AF card is pretty good, so regardless of motivation, I will give them a LTL merit point.

I call dibs on few merit points because I haven't called a single lender in over two weeks. 

Between buying Socks Bank love, and struggling for your acceptance, I'm exhausted. 

Dont even pretend you're not impressed,  I ain't buying it 

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I'm curious and O/T...what is 1 LTL merit point worth? Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I'm curious and O/T...what is 1 LTL merit point worth? Smiley Tongue

Roughly what you would expect!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.