cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the order in which Amex cards appear in my account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the order in which Amex cards appear in my account?

I have four Amex cards, but the one that is my daily driver as of today (SPG) does not seem to be the "default one": the card the appears when I log into my account or open the app in my iphone. I always have to do 1/2 clicks/taps in order to get there. Is there anyway to "reorder" the way the cards appear?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change the order in which Amex cards appear in my account?

I am running into the same problem. However, I noticed that the first card that shows up is contingent on if it is carrying a balance and/or has a payment due. Sometimes the card I want will be first, however if my other card has a payment owed (and the one I want doesn't) then the one with payment owed will pop up first. If both cards have payments due than the one with the highest carried balance shows up first on my end.

I am wondering if this is a new ninja nerf that AMEX put in place or if it's just something hidden in the settings that I am not seeing after months of looking. I remember back when I first got the cards you were able to make a little star next to the one you wanted to be the default but now you can't do it anymore Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have 2 cards with Amex so can't test it but can't you just bookmark the card page you want as primary and access the site by using that bookmark directly?  Name it "Amex" or something so if you type amex into the URL bar it'll pull up the bookmarked page.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could! It just seems weird that AMEX would take away the feature to default/star a card since I specifically remember having it when I first activated my cards in 2013 and thinking "This is amazing!"

Message 4 of 12
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Go to this link below (Old Account Login)

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPag...

Click on the appropriate card in the upper right and select "Show this card first at login".

Nevermind. Doesn't seem to keep the setting.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just opened a chat with Amex and they told me that the card that the cards are ordered by the date in which they were added. In my case it's:

1st personal card - 2nd personal card - 3rd personal (the one I want to have as default) - 1st Corporate card

he suggested removing from my account the first two cards and adding them back to my account. According to the CSR this should work, but I'm not sure i want to start playing with removing/readding cards to my account...

Message 6 of 12
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Yeah, its a pain trying to switch between accounts (first world problems I guess Smiley Tongue) but since my AMEX Platinum is my daily driver, I don't get too upset 'cause it shows up first. If I had more cards than the Delta (which I will once the new Marriott card comes out), then it might get a bit tedious.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I agree. I don't think it's worth playing around with removing cards from your online profile just for a setting preference. I guess I will just grumble and deal with it grrrr....

@Anonymous wrote:

I just opened a chat with Amex and they told me that the card that the cards are ordered by the date in which they were added. In my case it's:

1st personal card - 2nd personal card - 3rd personal (the one I want to have as default) - 1st Corporate card

he suggested removing from my account the first two cards and adding them back to my account. According to the CSR this should work, but I'm not sure i want to start playing with removing/readding cards to my account...

Message 8 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Order of opening means zero when it comes to the order in which they display!

This link will bring you to the old website layout:

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPag...

Click My Cards and put a start next to the one you want to show first.  It didn't change it immediately, but after a day or two my SPG finally showed up first both in my online account and in the app!  I really wish we could easily reorder them, though.  Especially for those of us with 5+ cards since we always have to go through another menu to even choose the missing card(s).  I wish I could make the 4 cards showing my SPG, Platinum, PRG, and Delta in that order.

Credit to the MFer that saved the old website link. Smiley Wink

Oh, @RicHowe sorry I didn't realize you posted the same link.  It does work, just not instantly.

Message 9 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Credit to the MFer that saved the old website link. Smiley Wink

Wish I could remember who I got that link from lol. I much prefer the old layout to the new despite the positive changes on it.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.