Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to PayPal Credit account terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes to PayPal Credit account terms

I logged into my Paypal acct today and received this message regarding the 6 months no interest purchases.

Hi, N! We've changed how PayPal Credit works.

You still get No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. What changed? A minimum monthly payment now applies to all purchases. This is included in your minimum payment due.

Has anyone else received this message? Does this mean the minimum monthly payment will increase to include a minimum payment on each deferred purchase? I'm not sure if this is changing because Synchrony is taking over the accounts today. Thanks in advance for your input.

Nicky

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Changes to PayPal Credit account terms

Yes. You should have either received an email about it (as you did) or a letter in the mail. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Forgot to add: This only applies to NEW purchases from here on out. Any purchases done before today apply under the old plan. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yes, I logged into PayPal this morning to see if I could see any changes to PP Credit now that's under Synchrony. That minimum payment required for any new deferred interest purchases is all I could see, but we'll probably will need to wait for the first statement under Sync to see if they raised the interest, I was at 19.99%, I figure Sync will raise it, they love their high interest.

I have no problem with the minimum payments, with 19.99% deferred interest I always made payments of at least 1/6 of the deferred balance to make sure I didn't get caught short. And I won't mind higher interest, I have Sync Walmart, Lowes, PayPal Cashback MC and they're all well over 20% APR, and they've never gotten a penny in interest from me.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PPC account terms are kinda hard to find on the website (you gotta click "legal" at the bottom right of the page).  I dunno if these are the default rates, but it says 25.49 (thats a huge increase from the 19.99 i had with comenity)

Thats even higher than the mastercard.  In fact thats my highest active interest rate now.

Jesus Synch....

Message 5 of 8
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, the one year and two year rates went up to 12.99% from 9.99% overnight. Won't be considering that option anymore. 30% increase!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter I got last month stated my interest was staying the same. Saw people posting a bit before that theirs was getting raised. Hoping my letter holds true. Lol
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed since the change that each month my minimum balance increases between 5-15 depending on what date something had been purchased and I'm quite sick of it. I started with a low monthly payment that I added to but now its $97 minimum monthly payment and I have a purchase still waiting to hit the 6 month Mark of $163 which if I can't get the interest down and minimum payment down this will just continue to rise. It wasn't like this before the Apr increase or paying a minimum on all puchases. Just put it back to paying off the balance cuz they are screwing me and keeping portions of balances higher for longer this way it takes longer to pay them all off. It's a frustrating way they have maneuvering the numbers around to put money in their pockets for longer.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.